Read 7 comments as:
Filter By
I’m a 4th year student, heading into two T1 internships in the next 6 months (both corporate). However, I’ve not been able to figure out what I really want to do after graduation. My internship experience has majorly been in the corporate litigation sphere (SEBI, NCLT, Arbitration matters, etc). I’ve done one general corporate internship (PE) but it wasn’t as interesting/dynamic as the Corp litigation ones.

I want to try out IPR/Media laws but haven’t been able to secure any internships in that field. The idea of a counsel practise also interests me, but I don’t have any personal contacts and the counsels I’ve applied to at BHC have been reluctant to take me on as an intern.

How do I decide if a particular area is right for me? What do I do if I get an offer from these two firms I’m interning at in the future? What if I get stuck in general corporate but get bored as I did in the previous internship? Will the money they offer be a good enough reason to keep me going? There’s so much uncertainty and anxiety around this, any help would be appreciated!
Awww I’ll help.

Step 1: Avoid Gen Corp

Step 2: Avoid Capital Markets

Step 3: Make sure you have avoided step 1 and 2

Step 4: Choose any practice area left