Read 19 comments as:
Filter By
What is the usability of automation in legal drafting in India? A couple of NLSIU grads launched a new service, https://eazydraft.com/ today. They are offering automatic drafting for free for some 30 pleadings and contract documents drafted as per Indian law. Basically works like a form that generates a draft using AI...
Didn't NLUJ grads launch a very similar startup recently? They were experienced corp lawyers, having worked at Trilegal and KCO. These kids seem like fresh out of college, are they even experienced enough to know what transactional lawyers require?
That’s not effective like NLSIU’s product. Also the folks you were talking about are experienced lawyers. These are literally kids. Give them some respect
There are similar services in US/UK, quite popular for vendor management over there
Stenos are out of jobs for sure, law firms not so sure - depends on how good their enterprise plans are
Checked the website, works p smoothly and decently IMO. Could be a thing in a few months or years if they are able to maintain the quality.
These folks didn’t even graduate and now they are already way ahead. Shows how nlsiu thinks way ahead
I loved the fact that literal kids/students have launched a product named easy draft where the automation process is truly nice.

What NLS thinks today , we think tomorrow
Appreciate the thought. Unfortunately, it will not work in the longer run. Their product is a generating draft- something which is already being copied from templates. Unless it's perennially free, I don't see any reason of subscribing. Also, Spotdraft is already leading the market and any LLM can be trained easily to give results like their product.
Exactly! I personally don't think they have anything new to offer than what is already available to law firms.
Speaking for CAM alone, I can't recall us having any app with such capabilities. What we have is largely digital tempelates, and little scope for customisarion or generated content.

Komal's innovation team should speak to these guys perhaps
Their capabilities are quite better and templates more comprehensive then spotdraft. Spotdraft drafts are not usable wihout heavy editing, eazydraft drafts are quite unable as they are.

I agree that it is possible to replicate, but LLM training is easier said then done, if these guys capitalize on their first mover advantage and train it further using user data and keep subscription fees low, they can capture the market.
A 13-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.