Read 27 comments as:
Filter By
How is the student culture at NUJS? Is it impossible to get into clubs without help from seniors? Is there immense ragging? I saw a post on linked which said, professors in NUJS simply read out from the PPT? Is it worth taking a year drop?
Hi the student culture is actually really good at NUJS.Seniors are very friendly and approchable. There is no ragging at least not that I heard or experienced myself as a first year. There are all kinds of professors. Some are really good and some are not that great. The placements were the best this year so it is worth it but do have a plan B as it is very competitive.
Lovely Dasgupta, Law of Contracts. Somabha Bandopadhyay, Legal Methods. Souvik Guha, who is co-teaching LM for the Legal Writing part, is also good.
I have seen people taking a couple of years drop for Nujs (reasons being the college close to home or they just wanted an elevation from their moderate nlus). They haven’t regretted it for a second. One of them is even working at A&O Singapore office right now. What I mean to say is that Nujs provides you with great job exposure. You won’t regret
Nobody from NUJS is working at A&O SG rn. I just interned there last month. I didn't take a drop. NUJS didn't give me this exposure.
This is accurate. There are several NUJS alumni working for A&O at present, as well as those had worked there before, but none of them is in the Singapore office at present. Most of them are/were with the London office.
I am pretty sure he switched offices then. And what do you mean Nujs didn’t give you this exposure? You will find hundreds of noojie droppers working at white shoe firms and magic circle as well. Jealous much
Yeap and I know some of them personally. Down to earth and were never insecure about the years they lost!
The drop year part is correct and honestly it doesn’t matter. A lot of noojies were droppers and they sailed through successfully. Infact in my batch a lot of folks are droppers.

One correction tho - the guy you are talking about was in the Singapore office last year or something like that. He changed firms and is now residing in London. Check LinkedIn.
A 21-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
It is alright. Your frustration in not being able to get in is showing.

1. The campus may be small, but it is right in the middle of the city with all the amenities that a metro city can provide, at relatively low cost that is the hallmark of Kolkata.

2. You probably belong to the first batch of a new law school and hence cannot see any senior. NUJS on the other hand has caring seniors from all years, a student and faculty mentorship system, alumni who regularly help students through talks, credit courses, internship assistance and at the time of placement.

3. All the resources that are necessary to study law and become great at it are available. If you are seeking AC living rooms or swimming pools, then you can live in some of the 5-star hotels that are nearby, instead of the hostel.

4. You display all the indicators of a bully and ragger yourself. At NUJS, none of that takes place. If you don't wish to do something, no senior can ever force you to do it. There is zero tolerance for ragging and alumni faculty who regularly encourage students to come to them for any reason whatever.

If you are frustrated, seek professional help for yourself. Don't mislead others.
I think you were the one "engrossed in drugs and alcohol" when you had written this comment.
A 7-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
Why do you trolls keep lying here? You don't know a tier one firm, can't get an internship or job in one, and hence are jealous of the university that has got the best placement record in the country right now. Maybe get a life of your own.
A 46-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
The number of upvotes on this comment is an indicator of the number of trolls that LI is now infested with. Several of these people are funnily enough only doing it because they are RW incels who have a problem with the Bengal government and hence deem everything from the state to be bad, without ever having been anywhere near it.
A 24-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 13-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 7-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
You are 'tierless' in your trolling it seems. Makes sense, since you don't have a job or a life.
We know that you won't get a job or crack CLAT. Which is why you don't even know what a tier one firm means. You trolls are like bugs crawling out of the woodwork and your lies are getting to be pathetic. NUJS has the best placement of all law schools at present and every single tier one firm comes and recruits from here every here and so do foreign firms.