Read 36 comments as:
Filter By
AZB without a doubt - hourly rates are at least 20% higher. But the salaries are still low
Most of them averages it to 10k an hour in case the billing crosses 100 hours..baaki it's between the bracket of 15k-20k
JSA, KCO and IndusLaw are relationship based. AZB and SAM charges according to pages/hours worked, adjusting for certain factors. CAM charges unreasonable fees without quality work. Never worked with Trilegal, S&R or TT&A.
Based on what I know, these are the rates for CAM & KCO. Hope other people will also confirm/add in rates for these/other firms

1. CAM

(a) Associate: 12,000

(b) SA/PA: 14,000

(c) Counsel/Partner: 16,000-18,000

2. KCO

(a) Associate/SA: 8,000

(b) PA/Counsel: 10,000-12,000

(c) Partners/Senior Partners: 12,000-16,000
Kco figures for Associates and PA/Counsel are less by 2000-4000. Partners per hour rate is 20k-45k
Recently I engaged CAM. My bills were on an average Rs. 12K per hour. Irrespective of partner or associate. Why is it so?
They might be thinking of you as a potential client for setting up a so called "relationship"
Because the CAM partners knowledge of law is as much or lesser than Associate.
SA at CAM here - we end up giving blended hourly rates for 12-13k for a lot of our mandates.
From my time at JSA can confirm the below based on relationships:

Associate: 5.5k - 10k

SA: 8k-12k

PA: 10k-14k

Partner: 10k-15k
This is for domestic clients. Overseas clients pay 225-250 USD on a blended rate model per hour. For full hourly billing, it's 225-250-300-350 USD depending on seniority. EPs charge 500.
Judging from the responses, I guess the average hourly billing rates for Tier 1 firms is between 10K-12K
CAM rates aren't this much.They are lower.CAM is known for undercutting.
Aren't these rates way too low when compared with their US counterparts. Saw some US firm charging $2000+ for some insolvency matter.
Rates reported seem quite low. I charge 27,000/hr and top dog managing partners charge 40,000/hr
A firm which people do not classify as t1 and think has been in decline for several years. The people who frequent this forum are blissfully ignorant of the reality of things - that in firms like mine, partners, especially equity partners like me, make far more than our contemporaries in t1.
▮▮▮ partners at Khaitan are true Shaitans.

Blended rates in one matter were inr 9000 per hour.

▮▮▮
They seem to be happy taking in tier 3 college students as interns just for diversity. Clients do the same with them
Indian tier1s charge lesser when compared to international firms. Have engaged DLA and 2birds on matters and partner charged upwards of 1000USD an hour.