Read 29 comments as:
Filter By
I think Aswath Rau would be in contention, maybe L Vishwanathan as well. On the litigation side, no one has reached the top tier yet, though knocking on those doors would be Dayan, Poovayya, Bhan, Rajshekhar Rao etc.
Older NLSIU grads who made partner at international law firms will also have made / be making good money. Many will be at $2-4mn pa and some $ 5 min pa if not more.
Sajjan would be the top contender to my mind although a lot of the Delhi . On the corporate side, Rahul/Karan Singh at Trilegal, Suneeth and Srini at Indus, LV at CAM and Aswath at AZB would be the top ones.
The Seniors you mentioned here rake in great sums of money - for someone climbing without the help of a nepotistic ladder, that's way above 'top class'!
Definitely not Gopal Shankarnarayan who does half his work pro bono. Maybe that's something we should look at. Not just wealth.

Take a look:https://www.barandbench.com/news/harminder-chawla-assumes-the-role-of-managing-partner-at-luthra-and-luthra-law-offices-india

For Atlas to get its 27 lawyer firm to join L&L is no small task. The democratization has started again after burning fingers with Mohit Saraf.
โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ from โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ
Claims to be an โ€œinvestorโ€ but sadly without any returns or decent investments.

Tried influencing peopleโ€™s investments till SEBI cracked down - now claims to be a โ€œfin-fluencerโ€.

Great that he has become YouTube personality but letโ€™s not let those likes delude the world as to what he has monetarily earned.

And certainly he canโ€™t be compared to likes of Ashwath or L. Vishwanathan
Trilegal, Indus Law, and many more firms (like Capstone Legal and other medium and small scale firms) were founded by NLU grads. All these founders easily qualify for self made and they all must be quite rich by now!

Although Nishith Desai is not a NLU graduate, but he also falls in this list since he also started NDA from scratch.

I bet there will be a lot more examples as well!
Please, don't put indus and trilegal in the same sentence. We all know trilegal only boasts but clients don't really like them
Shishir Rudrappa from NLSIU, an entreprneur, who also own Bar & Bench.
Saikrishna Rajagopal? Owns a proprietary law firm with 200+ lawyers on payroll.
A 14-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 16-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.