Read 15 comments as:
Filter By
Earlier students used to happily intern at these firms, but lately the events that transpired have dropped these firms from all rank charts.

As a 2026 grad, is it okay to apply to these firms ? If not which firms should I apply to? If yes, which practice areas actually are functioning.
Aap UPSC pe focus kariye 🙏. 2025 se woh bhi umeed nahi hai. I hope you are from some other batch.
Don't know about saraf but Luthra's been punching hard and is back with 60+ headcount
Law firms will cease to exist, certainly entry level roles should no longer be there. Generative AI, smart contracts, etc will remove useless middlemen like lawyers from the supply chain
Firms in 2023 are correcting punctuation errors word to word on text. Wonder where the technology went.
Dear 2026 grad, here's some serious advice,

Focus on your grades, and pick a subject to develop expertise(whether new or old, doesn't matter, all practice areas money at different times in the cycle ).

But more importantly, travel, read novels and everything else under the sun, do some sport or gym, get high, laugh and cry with your friends, pick a hobby and explore yourself, because once gone, college life doesn't happen again.

You'll be enough, you'll do good, you'll make your parents proud.

He worries before his time, worries twice. - maybe seneca
Namaste Sir,

I am very glad to come across such and experienced person here. I really wish to speak to you and get some guidance . Is there a way we can connect?

I am 2020 Graduate (3 Yrs LLB) from a far flung city. Me and my batchmates just knew about litigation and judicial services. Tried my luck in Judicial services but missed by few marks.

Financial stress and age short-circuted and disrupted my plan. We really did not know about corporate law firms. We also did not have placent or internship cell and environment.

After covid,I got to know what students from better universities do and how they plan their career. Through internet I was exposed to world of internships and possibilities but it was too late by then.

So, I started litigating under a senior civil lawyer in district court and I am still continuing. My wish is to work in GCA,M&A , VC , PE. How can I save my career now? What can I do to join T-1 firms ? Please guide

Most thankful
I'm a bit surprised that you didn't make any mention of what you want to do. Please focus on that and decide firms rather than the other way round. That's a sure shot way of sending up unhappy.

On your question - in 3rd year, unless you're exceptional - you will not be considered seriously for any job etc. May as well use a firm where you think learning is more than just a brand name. See where your college seniors are and if they're willing to help/ guide you at the firm.
Yes I think it's pretty evident that I want to pursue a career in a niche filed in the corp field in law firms

Also I haven't stated I wanted a job right away. I was merely asking that as a 3rd year, what cautionary steps must I take and which is the most beneficial choice of firms for further internships
Fair enough. In that case - consider a smaller firm with lesser people because you may end up getting more work. That way you get some good insights into how the work at these corp law firms are and you get better prepared for when you go to the large firms later for an internship when looking for a job.