Read 7 comments as:
Filter By
In the US, Ivy League law grads like Obama and Hillary Clinton have risen to great heights. Biden and Kamala Harris are both JD grads, as are their challengers like Ron DeSantis (JD Harvard) and Vivek Ramaswamy (JD Yale). In contrast, the Harvard of the East has not yet produced even an MP, merely a first-time MLA in Karnataka (that too a nepo kid). But this will surely change in future, when India becomes more advanced and politicians become more educated. But which NLU grad is the best poised to be a big politician in future? Maybe Vikramjit Banerjee or Jaiveer Shergill could enter the cabinet in 2024? Or Aditya Sondhi, if the Congress wins? Or perhaps the Congress can pick an inspirational figure from outside government, like Menaka Guruswamy and Arundhati Kajtu, or Sudhir Krishnaswamy, or Gopal Sankarnarayan?

Thoughts?
In USA the profession is actually respected. Here it’s still a Farzi degree. Woh toh I cracked clat that’s why I am still getting respect. Else I would’ve been trolled badly
I had ranked within 200 in CLAT but still get trolled in my locality or extended family. They don't know about NLUs or CLAT. For them, "jo kuch nahi karta hai wohi law karta hai"
Troll them back. Say that those who could not crack competitive exams shouldn't criticise those who did.
Law is just a game for nepo and privileged kids, requiring very little or sometimes even no intelligence. It will never get respect and recognition like STEM guys do.