Read 7 comments as:
Filter By
Hi. I am a nlu student who got a t1 job. Don't know how, maybe by a stroke of luck or the right circumstances. I've never been a straight A student, nor was I good at any extracurriculars or moots, or anything really. Maybe I've done 1 or 2 for the sake of it. I have never recovered from the culture shock I staying at the nlu.
Law firm life is fast paced and super hectic. Be prepared. All the best !
Understand that the mere fact that you landed in a "National" Law University, managed to graduate and on top of all of that, got a job that countless people crave, which, if you are able to persist in, will put you in the top 0.1 of the entire COUNTRY composed of over 1.5 Billion people - you are more than what you give yourself the credit for. You are heaps better than so, so many people its unreal. Realize that your major concern is something that is inside of you, your head, that you can, with effort, change and make it better. You will soon have enough dough to afford therapy, get it. You did not get the job with a stroke of luck or any circumstances, you got it because you're you, and you deserved it. Someone DID NOT get the job because of you, and that was not because he was him, but because he was not YOU. Ponder, respect yourself and move with pride.
Hey man, don't worry about the culture shock you had at college. Work is a whole different ball game. And even there, don't worry too much. Just focus on the basics: taking clear instructions, doing your best, asking doubts wherever required and following up on time. This should be enough for you to learn atleast in the first year. And as you learn, you'll figure it out.

P.S. just another A0 two months into his corp life.
Show a good doctor- take anti depressant and work. Life is hard, you need to face it buddy!
I too had a culture shock when I arrived at my T1 NLU. Imagine an Indian getting a culture shock in India. lolas.

Atleast you got a T1 job. I had everything you got minus the T1. My mistake - I let the self-esteem issues overpower my very existence. I could overcome it only by completely detaching from law, and then coming back to it again using my own power and capacity without the afterglow of my NLU. This is the worst possible advice anyone could give, but that's all I could end up doing.
I suggest making some chamomile tea at night and watching Made in Heaven season 2. It will absolutely cure your imposter syndrome!