Read 34 comments as:
Filter By
The placements look bad as ever this year. JGLS has already taken over as the best private law college. Will the 2024 batch get placed in random in-house companies only? Is this all you worked for?
Typical JGLS first year commenting who did not get through SLS, Pune
If he/she had money for JGLS, then they definitely had money for management seats at SLS. Stop acting like you study at NLS, you literally study at a Tier 2 private college
I'm in S&R from a T1 but i don't make it my entire personality, hurt SLSP cutie
Combine SLS Pune with SLS Noida. Add Hyderabad and Nagpur also to it.

JGLS will be bigger and better than all SLS campuses combined.
Sls Pune has gone through some rough patches but this year proved why at least tier-1 nlus are still a safe bet and private is not. Sls Pune has crashed and it has deservedly not recovered from it. JGLS can never overtake cause the fee is a factor. However , sls pune has been exposed badly
GNLU places a total of 60 students in tier firms by the end of day zero, only 16 less than than the previous year. The best day zero in the country after NUJS.
The market is down. Prospects are low everywhere. Why target one single college?
Since when did we even start comparing SLSP to T1 NLUs? Its only last year that the placements were good and that too only because it was the mass hiring year. If you look at JGLS/T1 NLU stats, SLSP was lagging behind then as well.

P.S.- This year, Argus and Trilegal have given a lot more offers to SLSP, than their usual of 2-3 offers to T1 NLUs.
I have been recently admitted to SLS-Pune for the batch of 2023-28. What exactly is the condition of SLS-Pune in terms of placement this year? How bad has it been in terms of average/median package and number of students placed? I am genuinely concerned
Argus took 7, not 5. Some people got PPOs at CAM, and one person got a PPO at Baker McKenzie, London. The figures are small relative to batch size, though :(
There are a couple of AZB and Trilegal PPOs as well, but still not enough for sure :/
The BCI needs to cap the number of law grads to 200 a year and no more than 25 of them should be reserved candidates. That’s the only way to reduce unemployment and also ensure quality control and meritocracy.

There can be two ways in which to do this. One is to reduce the number of university seats, which Singapore does. The other is to have a bar exam with a low pass percentage, which certain European countries do.

So what then happens to the thousands of students who cannot qualify as lawyers? Well, they should be asked to study STEM courses, business management courses or vocational courses instead, like computer hardware repair, tailoring, cooking, hotel receptionist and air hostess training etc.
Wouldn't that amount to essentially diverting the efflux of poor quality professionals to just some other profession. πŸ’€

THINK.
If your solution to "reduce unemployment" is to reduce the supply of qualified people, I don't even know what to say.

And that's not a way to ensure quality control, that's just an artificial control over supply.

I know a lot of corporate folks don't like to think that lawyers do anything noble or work towards the ends of justice (many don't, admittedly), but our country needs way more lawyers for the justice system to be any effective.
But but I swear by NIRF, the most accurate ranking ever. Wasn't Symbi above NUJS and even NALSAR in 2022? You are telling me recruiters don't see NIRF ranking. Ahh so sad. /s
Symbi, Amity (GGSIP) and GLC used to be the favoured destinations of nepo kids. But with the advent of Jindal they are finished.
It’s been a tough year for all colleges so far. Can’t single out SLS, heard it had its best year in 2022. Either way, the RCC needs to do much better.
A 45-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.