Read 21 comments as:
Filter By
Started working as a associate 3 months back but I already feel burnt out, no weekends off even Sunday . Is this how law firm works?
Sorry to tell you this buddy but ▮▮▮.Please take the matter of mental health seriously.You cannot be sacrificed because of clients and law firms unrealistic demands.Demand a break and rest and if ckient ir team is making you suffer fir deadkines refuse them.Heavens will not fall but at this rate you are going to collapse if not from physical then emotional exhaustion.If its causing friction in team, start looking out.If things are really bad,please also start taking therapy.This issue is so serious but no one has the courage to address it because none wants to stand up to the law firms that literally propogates toxicity.Trust me, the money or career ladder is not worth this.
As a wise man once said

It is what it is

Hoping it gets better when our generation become partners
Its only going to get worse, friend. Each new batch brings exponential increase in competition.
You'd probably not have clients when you are a partner and give your juniors weekend off
you can always hire more people than overwork the existing ones. it will reduce profits margins by less than 1-2% by hiring 2 more associates.
Sadly, yes. However, you can always push back to create some time for yourself. There may be resistance by your seniors but you may need to have thick skin to not care about them beyond a point.
A0, 17LPA, I work like 6-7 hours a day, weekends no work (sat -sun), work is good. I get time for cooking and working out.
Wow, it's great that you work for just 6 hours a day in a tier 1 firm, with weekends off and plenty of free time. Tell me though: does your dad own the firm by any chance?
It's a firm that doesn't have office in lower Parel but it's there in Mumbai. And it's only one team is the best in the market.
Yes buddy,this is how law firms are.Its not right or even legal,but law firms all over india are doing this.Who's going to stop them?The judiciary?That's the system law firms know how to manipulate left right and centre.And Judges and law firms lawyers can sometimes be very "friendly".,you would know.Judiciary doesn't care if young lawyers lives and health being ruined by exploitative law firms
judiciary itself doesnt care about the junior lawyers of court. Lord Chandrachud himself makes mockery of juniors sometimes.