Read 5 comments as:
Filter By
Can anyone tell me in detail what is the meaning of β€˜INVESTIGATIONS’ in white collar crimes practice in law firms. I am a lawyer focusing of criminal law both appellate and trial work and looking to switch to white collar crimes in some firm. Can anyone explain me what they really do
You first lean basic criminal law,that's where you will get "Investigation"
Ignore the other frustrated commentator here. XD.

I'm currently interning in a Labour and Employment and WCC Team, and the "Investigations" primarily refers to Anti Bribery and Anti Corruption Work. A Common Statute that we work with on that front is the Prevention of Money Laundering Act. Anything that comes under corporate and financial fraud can be brought into this practice area. It is fairly interesting work (As an Intern, I'm not privy to doing this work, but I've heard about it from the other associates in the team), including a lot of client meetings, analysing recordings or other material to determine whether or not there was a case of fraud.
Its just another head under which you can bill the client. Firms, mostly do nothing in terms of investigation.