Read 61 comments as:
Filter By
Lately came across a profile of an NLU Ranker who had left a Tier 1 firm in just 3 months to later join a Tier 2 firm. He/she did not respond to me. What makes me wonder is are tier 1 firm so toxic???

Honest opinion for a law school student
That was an โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ topper in โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ who was fired.

There was also a NLU โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ Topper who left (yes served his notice) and left a team in three months.
Or may be he/she kicked and slammed a notice on their face and left.

You never know.

Some one who has worked hard for five years wonโ€™t shy away from hardwork in a law firm.

Donโ€™t vent your personal grudge here
R u crazy? Itna asan nehi hein nlu topper banna. It takes good memory and decent reasoning skills
Haha! You are in a dream world man!

Here are some facts:

1. It takes immense hardwork to top on NLU. Probably you wonโ€™t know that.

2. If some one chooses law firm, he/she wonโ€™t run away from hardwork- but may run away from toxicity.

3. SnP, SCAM have high attrition rate - thanks to the toxic people there.
I know a guy from โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ who was also one of the batch toppers from a recent passout batch, he was allegedly fired by a T1 firm for sexual harrasment allegations.

That person was quite infamous in โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ as well.
Get your facts right. It definitely wasn't sexual harassment. He was a well known misogynist and believed that men are 'superior', women must be submissive, used to rant on social media about girls are "b word" etc. He was allegedly fired for refusing to take orders from a female SA/Partner and not cooperating with other females at the firm coz they cant be treated as equals.
How come this person be a topper hahaha bullshit just memorized like shit and spit it in exams. Not many are interested in that. He couldn't top our college though he was here as well. Stat away from this weirdo
Was he a real weirdo in law school too? He couldnโ€™t top your collegeโ€ฆ.but he claims so!
Hey hey hey-

I guess you are talking about NLU Topper who was Rank 1 and had 6-or-7 golds and joined โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ.

I know him personally- we talk like once bimonthly- Let me tell you about him.

He is a simple guy, yes socially he is akward, but he is really a gem.

He was preparing for civil.

Financial constraints and anxiety made him quit that and he joined โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ in โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ.

I had a conversation with him where he told me about his situation at โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ and the things he told me, I was convinced that he should leave.

He served his notice in 2 months and left during Christmas break. He was not terminated for sure- infact he was shouted at for serving his notice.

He took break for 3-4 months, and last month I got to know that he has joined a Tier 2 firm in Bombay in โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ. He told me he is happy there at less salary.

I am glad to know that he has finally settled.
It takes a lot of blood and sweat to get into an NLU and then to toil for five years and be a topper there.

Hardwork is something they are great at, if he/she has left Tier 1 and joined some other firm and is staying there, that shows how toxic that tier 1 was!
Or maybe they got burned out in the pursuit of topping the NLU and cant take any more "hardwork"
I guess you are talking about โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ from NLU โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ. He is a great person, he is one of the most helpful seniors I had in college. Itโ€™s hard to retain a diamond like him. The place where he worked was pathetic- it questioned his existence - the way in which he was treated. Iโ€™m glad he left that place-had the guts to slam the notice in face of the arrogant people and leave such pathetic place in just 3 months. He is in Mumbai in a firm and he is enjoying his life and corporate career.
Powerful people donโ€™t come from powerful places.

Powerful people make places powerful.

Itโ€™s exemplary to kick a tier 1 and join a lower ranked place. He/she with his/her expertise will surely make that place bigger than tier 1. Rankings are a myth, itโ€™s people who work for places and make it top.
It is indeed a matter of guts to leave Tier 1 and join Tier 2. Not everyone has that much guts to chose peace over money at the cost of toxic place like these.

I have financial obligations, else would have left this pathetic place. Everyday I wake up at 8, reach office at 10, come back at 1/2 Am and sleep- this is my schedule- even on weekends. I may be pulling 35-40LPA- but have already got white hair at 28! This is what a toxic place does to you.

I salute the person here!
Once your financial debt or obligation gets over, please do leave the Tier1.Nothing is worth losing your sleep,peace or hair at such a young age .To answer OP, yes there are so many countless cases where Associates were and are are walking out of Tier 1 (many even in insecure Covid time)without any opportunity at all .When they join aTier 2 that even agree to a pay cut,but they don't go back to a Tier 1.Thats how horrible Tier 1 law firms can be.
Can we please stop treating NLU toppers as gods? An NLSIU topper was openly accused of SH on Twitter.
They are gods and we are not glorifying anyone because of their immoral characteristics. We are just praising toppers because they deserve it
They are already praised by their college, why are you praising here? Working is different from studying !! You praising is irrelevant here because he was thrown out due to his misogynist behaviour and now he is covering up by mill of run excuse that "firm was toxic" you were those toxic person who make the work place toxic. All you praising his college shit accolades but you'd hate the same behaviour if he was to rise up to rank in coming 10 years. I am happy that โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ threw the toxicity person out of their workplace
He was not an NLS topper - probably just CLAT Topper. And plus, you canโ€™t judge someone by mere Twitter tweets- unless you hear the other side also.

What sort of reasoning this is- based on one side allegation, we pass judgement.
What if someone openly accuses you on Twitter for SH tomorrow? Will you consider yourself a demon? Why did she not file a formal complaint?
Tier 2 aren't any better. I work till 11pm daily on probably half or 70% of tier 1 salary
Not all teams are bad. It boils down to how your partners are. Let me share an instance with you. I was a PA at a firm which had spilt itself from a Tier 1 firm and is based in Noida. Now Iโ€™m into independent practice though.

There we had three disputes team.

One dispute team had all stressed out associates. The team had all A0s and a partner and a senior partner (Team EM). The team saw highest attrition rate with five to six associates on notice at any point of time.

On the other hand there were other two teams, in disputes which had zero attrition rate. In those team, an intern would work for months and for a time more than an associate in Team EM.

What I mean to say is that, itโ€™s all a matter of luck, if you get a good boss, you are sorted, if not then you go for a toss.
Brother/sister he is a nlu topper. Not a matter of joke. Make sure you know that.
You are right.All these other comments diluting someone's achievement as NLU topper is to save the stupid ass of that toxic Tier1 and to stop the reality from coming out about how toxic politics of Tier1s don't care for merit.
some partners are very good at Tier 1, and nurture and polish the talent of a hardworking associate (despite of rank)- majority of partners are toxic and lose the diamond - and are busy to shine the gold of arrogance.

tier 2 and 3 are great place to learn and get exposure/ my 5 years of stint at a Delhi based dispute chamber has
There is another topper in โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ who has already proclaimed on LinkedIn that he is an associate even though he is not
Well thatโ€™s actually true. People in tier 1 are generally trash (there are good people also but thatโ€™s exception). Work environment are too bad compared to tier 2/3. Tier 2/3 firms focus on your growth and learning also which tier 1s donโ€™t care about. many of my friends who joined the tier 1 with me have already left and are having good time after joining tier 2 firms.
My Bombay office is shit. Want to leave this asap and go to some tier 2 where I get to learn something. People in my team are shit and treat you like shit.
A 17-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.
A 35-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.
Where is this topper working now the one marked with the caps herein above ?
Does he not work with the Tier 2 firm in Mumbai anymore as shown on his LinkedIn?
A 33-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.
A 103-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.
A 7-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.
A 19-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
Stfu. Thrown out- lol. When did resignation letter equate to being thrown out.

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚You seem to hold grudges against him.

Thatโ€™s good to see.

Toxic behaviour of the partners, yes!
It is very easy for you to sit here and pass judgment. If you want facts take it:

1. He left โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ on his own accord because it didnโ€™t get up, telling reasons here would not be professional - so itโ€™s better to just be grateful to โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ; and then there was some personal tragedy for which he went back home.

How would a toxic person like you know what happened.

Itโ€™s easy to sit upon and judge others behavior.

Everybody has flaws so does he. But then there are cowards like you, who anonymously vent out grudge. Without knowing facts!!!