Read 3 comments as:
Filter By
I am a final year law student from a private university that is well known for MBA, not law. I believe that I have good internships. I received a second internship from a tier 2 firm but couldn't get a PPO there. I am worried that even if I keep interning at different law firms, none of them may convert into a job.

I asked a few associates for advice and they told me to calm down since they believe I have great internships and that I stand a good chance at securing a job.

However, my weakness is my university. My batch is the first batch that's graduating from my campus for law. I don't think any fairly decent law firm will come for placements, just a few companies MAYBE for in-house roles since my college is known for MBA.

I feel directionless and I don't know what to do. I've been applying to law firms and companies independently but they're considering me only for internships since I am still in my final year.

If anyone can help give me advice on what more I can do to approach firms please let me know. Also if you have been in this situation before please tell me what you did to stay motivated while searching for a job.

Please note -

- I don't have MANY tier 1 firms in my CV. It's not an out of the world CV but I believe it's good if evaluated on the basis of internships as compared to CVs of students in their final year in various colleges in india.

- I don't have contacts. I have a couple of good internships because I have approached Partners independently and via the placement cell since my college has tie ups with a few tier 1 firms (the tie ups are only for internships, not for placements).