Read 24 comments as:
Filter By
Is Kochar a good firm? or is it an average firm? which tier is it? Is there something wrong with the firm (ethically or legally or morally) or is it okay to join?
I am moving from bangalore T2 firm (that doesnt have a Mumbai office) to Mumbai and may be able to get an interview with this firm. I am quite impressed by their high rankings in legal500, chambers etc. But what are the good and the risk points for this firm?

please share your insights.
Which team? Depends on that. Certain teams such as Banking are really good, others might not be
No sir or Madame. Banking is the same too. A partner came from K law with an associate who later became a partner I think. Internally they are considered good within the firm. Haha

General observation is the firm has always been a small shop with no major mover or shaker people joining them, most partners are no pedigree except for a recent year a year or so back.

Stay away if you can or use it for a few years like most people do to get some experience and better place later.
is their bangalore office better than bombay? what about their corporate practice in bombay, or even nationally/internationally? what kind of clients go to them?
are there any negatives about the firm? political? money? career progression? type of work?
From whatever I have heard there are quite a many issues like nepotism, politics, quality of work, and some [...] issues at least in the Delhi office. Dunno about other offices because each has their own Head of office and thus different culture.

Apparently, e.g., under Mathias the Bangalore office and TMT practice is quite good.
ohhhh [...] issues. will you be able to elaborate please, without giving any names? it would be good to know from a precautionary standpoint.
A 32-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.