Read 27 comments as:
Filter By
How are the working conditions in the Chambers of Seniors Advocates? I understand that things would vary from place to place but still wanted to understand what I can expect.

I once went to a Senior Advocate's office to brief for a matter. I was surprised to find out that they don't have a separate washroom for women.

So if you guys can share your experiences about things like:

1. Usual working hours
2. Are Saturdays and Sundays always working?
3. How much free time can find on weekdays and weekends if one if also preparing for judicial exams?
4. What's the pay like? What's the best and worst one gets paid?
5. Do they reimburse travel expenses? If this applicable for metro or auto or cabs or fuel of private car?
6. Are meals taken care of when in office working late?

Any other point if you guys can think of. Thanks.
Dude, haven't you seen Raghav Awasthi's viral tweet? Don't go into litigation unless you are a nepo kid.
Very bad. Most of the Seniors don't teach anything. Only send juniors for taking dates. Nowa days dates are not given. Pay is very less from 5000/- to 10000. When juniors attend they should be paid 1/4 of what seniors get for that particular hearing. If it's 3000/- then juniors who attend it should atleast get 1000 for appearance and submission. As it is seniors don't have time to attend. Some seniors don't have the decency to even speak clearly about the hearing which leads to problems in appearance in front of court. The juniors have to read the file before appearing. The seniors do not give the file to read or give it at the last moment so that the juniors do not get time to read. Seniors must understand that nothing is permanent in this world they cannot permanently practise and moreover there is tremendous pressure of pending cases on the Indian courts. If more advocates are not trained our justice system will fail. This will impact our Country very badly in future. Delayed justice will act as a license for offencers. It will negatively impact the future generations of our Country. Seniors should show record of the number of juniors they trained. The juniors should record their experiences of their training period with the Bar council as to what topics they learnt and which courts they represented during their training. So urgent attention and significant steps to improve in training of juniors have to be done on a war footing by the Bar council of India with the help of law ministry- Adv. Rashmi Raghavan Rajiv
(Bombay & Goa)
and probably law students could stop partying and whining here and focus on studies?
The system is already so clunked up with so many cases and the standards of the bar and (the bench, considering recent judgements) are at an all time low), there isnt enough support or activism or reports detailing this deteriorating problem, this industry is the least regulated (almost no), governments usually delay or evade answering questions relating to these issues in parliament, with declining regulation law school seats are proliferating in the dozens by the day, professor standards are really low (as a result), more incompetent lawyers..

I think the problem has crossed the line so far, these is nothing that can be done
1. They vary and go on both extremes
2.No
3.some weeks are not easy, while some will be very tough.
4. I get paid 30k a month after spending a year at a T1 and then shifting
5. No, never asked for it
6. Yes, office is in the basement, so we get home cooked meals from upstairs + our senior loves ordering out for everyone, everything from pizzas from Hyatt to sushi from yum yum cha.
Thereโ€™s also almost always some kind of cake or fancy bread we get in the evening.
Experience based on one chamber in Delhi:
1. Until 9-10 pm everyday. A lot of days 1-2 am and beyond.
2. Yes.
3. Not much honestly.
4. Usually around 20k.
5. Depends on the chamber. Some reimburse but not all the expenses.
6. Most days no. Sometimes yes (but rare).
A 16-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
The most important things to consider about working with a senior are: pay and toxicity.

Unless they pay you 1L per month or more, no toxic person is worth it.

No brand is big enough. If the brand is big enough, you will always have to remain cautious about pissing them off. The minute you do, they will do whatever they can to ruin you. It isn't much, it is as little as badmouthing you in front of clients, taking away a couple of major panels etc.
This is just abusive and not simply trollish. At least redact the abuse, Mod!
@OP Babitabbb - would like to talk / connect with you for networking purposes. Please mention suitable channel / social media / App.