Read 31 comments as:
Filter By
Major Raghunath Ahlawat, a law graduate turned army officer sacrificed his life in an anti-terror op in J and K. May his soul rest in pride.
❤️❤️
RIP Maj Ahlawat.

Out of curiosity - are JAG officers mandated to serve on the battlefield?
He was not a JAG officer. Also if you're asking that question that I'd beg of you to stay away from the forces, JAG included.
A law graduate who actually served the country, instead of selfishly seeking to make money in practice. It's fine if you criticise the government and army, but remember that selfless people like him keep all of us safe in the first place.
Probably not the right platform to even engage in such lowly discourse but the fauji blood in me couldn't hold back.
Did you even complete your law education if you bring the army and the government in one sentence in Indian context. You have to be serving in one of the forces to understand to how wrong even putting the two of them in one sentence or relating the function of one based on ideology of the other.

"The more you criticize the government, the more of a citizen you are, the more you criticize the army, the less or a citizen you are." - defence forces are a completely different ball game.
#2 basically said - sarkar our fauj se bhale disagree karo, ek fauji se nahi kar sakte.

@2.1 - You question whether sarkar and fauj can be clubbed in a sentence by a law graduate. Yes, they can be. A law graduate is required to be aware and critical of all she sees around. In the present day, with the politics that goes into who gets to lead our armed forces there is a clear argument for being critical of the two.

That said, #2 makes a clear exception of the individual (fauji) from the institution (fauj).
Err... Which type of legal education has made you think that anybody including any institution is above criticism, exactly? The army is to be lauded for its bravery and superb work, and criticized for all its actions that merit criticism. The two actions are not mutually exclusive in nature. There are plenty of bad things that people in the army have done, just as there are many more good things that they keep doing every second of the day.
Honestly, as someone whose parents are also in the army, stfu. Your parents have accomplishments. You have literally no business making it your whole personality and questioning the patriotism of others. Find gainful employment.
Why do you army brats get triggered so easily? OP's comment did nothing but praise the army men and yet you have some 'fauji blood' make it about something else entirely
As a lawyer (small time), I come in the 36 percent tax bracket which I pay, whether voluntarily or reluctantly is a different question. But I do pay my taxes. Thus, a small, maybe too small a portion goes to the defense services which may also pay for their salaries. I thus do my job. If we all join the Armed services, who will generate revenue. The more we earn,
the better we are in a position to defend and vice versa. It is complementary. Nonetheless, salute to the martyr.
We went to law school together. Raghu lived a life of purpose, and, I guess, that is what matters most. I hope he knew how fondly his batchmates think of him. We are honoured to have known him. Grateful to Raghu and everyone in the line of duty.
I had been in j& k on LOC ,when there was no seize fire ,and another tenure of AI role . When a party is out for any operation on actionable info then it is unthinkable to come back without completing the task .there are instances when militants manage to sneak away ,but going for cordon in wee hrs and not to give chance to even street dogs to get alerted by our movement was our first priority. Such situation comes while chasing or during searching when you face militants and in spur of a moment anything can happen. RIP bro
The Job of CAPF is much harder . BSF guards the regular border . Army job is more relaxed and pay is quite high in compared to CAPF . Job of police is also challenging. In uniform forces Army role in peace time is not as challenging as CAPF .
Major Raghunathpur Ahlawat,

the nation will always be indebted to you .

Jai Hind !
Some NLU or Jindal should institute a scholarship or sports competition in his name. We need to honour such heroes and teach future generations about them.
Unsurprising. Only AIL grads have the guts to leave a well paying career to serve the country on the Frontline. I don't think any NLU grads would leave their fat pay packages at corporate firms.
A 34-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 3-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 14-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.