Read 18 comments as:
Filter By
Hi,
How much hardwork is enough hardwork when it comes to getting that PPO. I am awaiting an communication on my PPO interview and it's nerve wrecking.
Turned in work in time, recieved some 'good work','on spots', remained available. Luckily, wasn't a recipient of any 'wtf is this' moment.
Personally don't think any ground breaking task came along. Constantly feeling that it must be quite a norm.

Would be v helpful if some SA, PAs or Partners for that matter could shed light on what do they see in a review to give a call for the interview.

Thanks in advance.
Hey, was assessed by a tier-1 firm when I was in my fourth year.

During my tenure, I wouldn’t say I did ground-breaking work, but an interpretation I furthered in a meeting to discuss a client query made it to the final doc, and was validated by the partner. Also prepared the client query side by side with an associate. Researched so well for an SA, that I was being referred to as their intern in team meetings. This was just the first week.

Worked consistently, was available throughout, even late hours, came physically to office everyday when only a few associates were coming. Was visible throughout. Got grilled during the final segment of the assessment, but was told that was the norm. Kind of lost hope because of it, but was still hoping that my work and team testimonials would save me.

Didn’t convert. Cried everyday for two months after I was told - ugly crying, didn’t make sense, some days felt like I was getting better, but I’d catch tears streaming down my face out of nowhere. It all became commercial after that, no going beyond what was asked - surprisingly, got offers from every team I interned with except that one. However, I do realise that PPOs are a commercial decision, have love and respect for the team, still in touch with the people there.

To answer your question - not to dishearten you, but PPOs are uncertain. Will you get it? I hope you do, but never plant all your eggs in one basket. If I did not have internships planned after the assessment, I would have been devastated.

Best of luck!
Thanks for the inputs. V helpful.

Don't think I performed this well so I think more or less not happening only but that's okay, will keep trying
I'm really sorry you had to go through that. As someone going through that phase, I appreciate people being very open about their experiences.

It most definitely sounds heart-breaking, but I'll pay heed to your advice. I suppose you have to put yourself out there, really out there.
hi can definitely relate.

Have interned at a cm team once last month and messaged everyone on the team daily and turned in work on time and as per what was asked. Got good feedback from the team. but didn't even get a callback, I dont wanna live like this.
its one of them yes, but I asked the team associate who said the form hasn't been shared with the HR yet and is processing. Who shd I trust HR or team?
Hi, this is coming from someone who did 4 internships in law school and got 3 PPOs. My mantra was simple.

Make them miss you when you leave. In other words, make yourself indispensable. For the right reasons, of course. I know that might sound impossibly difficult, but in fact, it is possible.

I'll let you figure out the rest. All the best!
I could not figure out the rest :/
What you mentioned is quite given that they have to see one as indispensable. But thank you, appreciate it
[Merged new thread with subject: Should I worry about not getting enough work?]
I recently converted an assessment internship into a ppo at a B&F team. Till the time I graduate, I am to work from home in the capacity of intern. The way I get assigned work is a not very steady - there are days when I am piled with work, and then there are days when I have noting to work on. Is this normal? Sometimes, I go through an entire week without working. Asking for work doesn't always elicit a response, but whenever there is work, it gets sent my way. I have tried to consider if my work is below average at multiple points, but then have always been given more work soon after. WFH is adding to the confusion. Should I worry at this point? What would you suggest me to do?