Read 33 comments as:
Filter By
OMG I can't believe that even after this Joe Rogan doesn't give a frying fork about Joe's college.
At church. Being a good catholic. I can't believe you had the nerve to ask.
He works for HSF in London. [...] Obviously a super-smart guy who got good grades.

[...]
This comment and many others in this thread appear so desperate. Why are people from NALSAR so insecure that they have to claim that Joe is successful and earns big money to justify and cover up the fact that he made a fool of himself and the university in that Sadhguru interaction?

For the record, let me state that I neither care for Sadhguru nor do I support his views. But when you go and invite someone to come and talk at your University, you atleast ought to treat them with some basic respect regardless of whether you disagree with their views rather than trying to snidely outsmart them and failing at it by being too arrogant and nonsensical. Don't claim that the video editing makes it so, I've seen the ones which aren't by Sadhguru's YouTube channel.

I believe NALSAR people also fervently supported someone from their college who was accused of sexually harassing an air hostess. The point is, it doesn't work both ways where you accuse NLS alumni of defending Lawrence Liang and then adopt the same double standards when it comes to one of your own. Grow up kids.
i mean, if youre gonna humiliate someone on every social media and turn them into a meme, then its only fair that people tell the truth to show that this person was not what a heavily edited three minute video clip showed. he's a smart sophisticated young man who has done and will do very well for himself despite the haters. I dont think he treated the Sadhguru with any disrespect by asking him a question. I think gurujis want to be treated with reverence and when they're treated as any other person who can be held accountable- they think they're not being respected.
What you saw in that video was heavily edited and distributed by the sadhguru to further his own agenda. not the whole truth.

The nalsar harassment scene was bad, but it happened much before these students even came to campus. So the mudslinging doesn't quite work.

kids arent the only ones who need to grow up sometimes.
First of all, I don't really care about how smart or materially successful Joe might be. Stop using that as a mark of character. I come from a tier-1 NLU where a recent Rhodes scholar was one of the most disliked people in college because of their self-serving nature.

Secondly, it's pretty absurd to claim that he didn't treat Sadhguru with disrespect when he kept interjecting at nearly every response to try and elicit laughs from his peers. It was borderline contemptuous. And again, I don't support Sadhguru whatsoever in regard to his views but there is a way to question a person' views without sounding obnoxious. This is a problem at many tier 1 NLUs, not just Nalsar.

Maybe if you stepped out of the Nalsar Joe fanclub for a few minutes, you'd realise that you need a lot more nuance than what Joe had to persuade and convince people in the outside world beyond law school.
I mean talk about moving goalposts.
First this boy is a fool and when several people have proven that he wasn’t a fool - that he’s actually quite smart and successful, now he’s a person with bad values . Why? Cause he questioned your messiah? It’s the job of the student to be sceptical and ask questions. And they’re not always gonna be deferential too you. They are not your acolytes. Sad guru couldn’t handle it and decided to instead post HEAVILY EDITED videos on YouTube instead. What I saw did not show this boy being rude to anyone. Merely him asking questions. Questions which the sad guru avoided. he talked in circles and refused to give a straight answer. That doesn’t make the sad guru smart- it makes him a con artist.

Also- do you all get that these were students right? They’re not Harish salve. Making videos to look like he’s beating students in arguments kinda makes the sad guru seem pathetic. What next? He’ll go to a kindergarden, slap some kids and then pretend he’s really strong for it? He’ll go to a hospital, run a mile and pretend he’s the fastest? Not to say that students can’t or don’t often ask good questions - just that their education is still underway. If he really wants to answer some tough questions I’m sure there are a bunch of journalists trained in wheedling out deception who would take him on.

I’m not a fan girl of the student. I’m much older than him and only knew him peripherally as a junior. I am however tired of having people humiliate and bully this kid and others from college as if that actually accomplishes something.
He is intelligent that doesnt mean he speaks in that tone. It is condescending and looking down upon someone and yet trying to fake as if its a genuine question. It is not a law class where one may debate the way they want. See other videos where people ask politely. Which person can take such disrespectful tone. Lets reverse the roles and ask Joe about his beliefs in the same tone and manner and see what he answers. Or lets put a wise man from another area and ask some questions about ambiguous topics in the same tone. Sadguru is stating the history and he is not prescribing even. I am not fan of sadguru but the way Joe conducted himself is not nice. Coming to the topic, there are far subtler aspects than simple discrimination. Why everyone cant become a pujari or a priest or father. They have to follow certain practises to uphold and rules to become. Is it discrimination? Same way there are some rules for visiting certain places. Without understanding how advanced our ancient rishis when they prescribed such things one can’t comment on this fully. If it had been discriminatory by now it would have been stopped. One can be intelligent but need not be wise. Exceptions are there in every religion (Mount athos, Kerala ayyappa temples). There is definitely immaturity and lack of respect for others seen in his behaviour at that point of time.
He’s a smart chap and doing wonderfully well! Sadhguru fans don’t understand how much editing goes into those videos to make it look like their messiah wins every argument.
One should be open and mature enough to appreciate other religions and their complexities and not question this badly. Every religion has their own issues. No one needs to support sadguru but Joe should have been more dignified. Can he afford to show similar style in his business. The level of sarcasm and disrespect were quite evident in word he spoke especially the questions.
He's pretty fucking rich so some place nice . Unlike you shitting around on a random anonymous website.
I don't trust god men and men with big beards.
Mark my words he will be burried in a scandal in a matter of no time.
The power goes to their heads and they all crumble eventually.
Don't waste your time and money on these people. Make your own life.
He works in HSF and his name is not Joe but something else. His real name was misheard both by Sadhguru and then RW trolls who made "NALSAR Joe" memes.

God have mercy if someone really named Joe graduates from NALSAR. Poor fellow will probably apply for Z category security.
Even if you search the entire internet you can't fine JOE the Catholic at NALSAR Hyderabad.

You will find many Joseph's and Joe's who is not the same person.

WHO exactly is Joe the Catholic? What's his real name?

I think he used a different name for mocking Sadhguru.....
A 1-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 2-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 8-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 46-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 113-word comment posted 11 months ago was not published.
A 11-word comment posted 11 months ago was not published.
A 15-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 9-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.