Read 27 comments as:
Filter By
Dost, litigation used to be decent. Corporate work they have negligible but hire as if they've got the biggest deals going on.

Bombay is crazy mad hectic atmosphere - you will learn a ton but at the cost of health, below industry standard pay and probably a lot of kicking and screaming. Almost non-existent support staff and you will need to do a lot of stuff yourself.

Delhi is equally bad/good and depends on you as a person - politically not the best place to be. But if you are a people's pleaser then it may become your calling. Partners and seniors are crazy unless you're working directly with A. On the pay side - they are better than Bombay for sure.
I have a few questions:

1. How bad are the working hours in Bombay?
2. Do they not have steno, peon, pantry, secy, IT support?
3. Why is it mad or hectic? is it because of the founding partner?
4. Tell me some more about negligible corporate work but hiring like biggest deals? I hear Bombay does not even have corporate team?

Thanks in advance. Please reply to me queries.
I saw Anuradha Dutt appear in the court today in a matter that DMD has filed to injunct one its employees and her husband from not sharing its data with its own clients. I could not understand much. What is the deal?
You must have seen her appear in Anuradha Vs Bajrangi case. There she is appearing as a counsel for the Plaintiff who has filed the suit under a pseudonym. She is not the plaintiff and it is just a coincidence that she has the same name as the Plaintiiff's pseudonym. Search for this case on Google and you will find more details.
How is DMD advocates corporate team? where all are they? do they have a bangalore office? They have been in the news lately for good matters etc i noticed. How are the senior partners and the managing partners? Should i send my CV? (I am a PA in tier 1 with no hope for partnership because of how crowded it is, i believe)
Buddy carwaki. I would honestly suggest you move somewhere else rather than apply to DMD.

Their corporate team is huge for a team that does next to negligible work. No corporate work or team in Bombay. Also, there is no Bangalore office.

The senior partners who are also the managing / founding partners are extremely knowledgable, however, it comes with its own caveats. As a PA I think it will be very difficult for you to break ice with them if you do not adhere or share their ideology. Since you're a PA, it is assumed you can work hectic and long hours which is a given in the Bombay or Delhi office, be it litigation or corporate.

Lastly, I read that you had hope of becoming partner. It is contingent upon various factors i.e.: (a) sharing the same ideology as the senior partners; (b) ass-licking and burning the midnight oil for a considerable period of time to an extent; (c) business development - how many clients you can pull.

Personally, I have friends currently working in DMD who should've made partner a while back but for the fact that they do not share the same sentiments as their senior partners.

All in all, its a good place to work if you want to learn and work with some cream clientele. Not a great place if you're looking to shift up the ranks quickly unfortunately or if you have a weak heart and can't take constant criticism which is a commonplace.
DMD is a good place to work at. They now have a corporate law team in Mumbai with the non-lit team from Lumiere Law (read EY) Mumbai having moved to DMD Mumbai. The new partners- Vihang, Ayesha and Monika , have a very good reputation and apparently a ton of work in M&A, corporate law and aviation. Definitely worth considering IMO
Reviving this thread. Any info on their work culture now and the pay? Both in Bombay and Delhi office