Read 8 comments as:
Filter By
Hi

I graduated from a good law school this year (2 months ago) and with pretty decent grades. I have given numerous interviews in this period of time and nothing has worked out. I keep getting ghosted after interviews. I'm feeling a quite lost and hopeless now. 2 months isn't a long period of time but I think the fact that a few people from my batch had already secured placements before college ended, and even friends who had not managed to get PPOs have gotten jobs by now. So these 2 months have felt really long and it has been quite an isolating experience.

I'm not sure what I expect from any responses but any guidance, words of wisdom, or anything at all would be helpful.
Just hang in there buddy!
There was a time I was applying for 50 jobs daily to getting 4 job offers from tier 1s, I have seen all the stages of this struggle!
My only advice is, Just keep a positive attitude, don't let this define you, keep the confidence high!
It will all work out, the way it is meant to, trust me!
Keep trying every day, don't shy away from applying to all kinds of places and talk to as many people as possible!
As a fellow 2021 grad with pretty much the exact story, I try to keep my head intact by not comparing myself to my peers. Especially those who aren't even from the legal industry, cause all the talk about ROI and time it takes to become a lawyer will definitely not help. I know Its easier said than done but there's practically no other way around this anxiety. Have faith!
There is this false narrative that’s built up in law school that everyone gets a job on day zero/ before they graduate. It is not at all uncommon to graduate and look for a job for about six months before you find a good fit. I graduated from a top NLU and it took me a few months to get a good job as well. At the time it seemed like I was failing because compared to my batchmates I wasn’t doing so good. But after a few years those six months hardly mattered and I’m now more successful because I took the time to find the right job for me. You will be okay. When you apply for jobs make sure you’re demonstrating skills they want to see, and make sure it’s a job you’re a good fit at. Get in touch with college professors you might’ve liked and ask them for help in finding a good fit. In the mean time you should intern at places that you want to work at and work hard to impress them.

Don’t worry. This is completely normal.