Read 35 comments as:
Filter By
I study at a tier 2 NLU and they had recently contacted our Uni regarding placements.
A 13-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
Not sure about A0 salary, but they did try and convince me to take a pay cut on my salary before joining (I was in my fourth year and was working in a Tier 1 at the time). I didn't get the best vibes from the managing partner either.

Then again this was four years ago, things may have changed since then.
You left your Tier 1 job to go to Begur?

Why pay cut? Ideally it should be hike.
Unless they are promising better work - life balance or Work on your terms option. It's not worth to move.
If you are a quality laywer you will get paid more than a tier 1 job unfortunately you were an underperforming asset hence the pay cut
I've my interview this week for an A0 position. Someone please answer regarding the pay and the work culture
I can't say with certainty on what the pay is, but should be pretty good. I saw a quote of theirs for an assignment, and it was astronomical. So they look like they're making money.
They make a lot of money cause of the 25 years of trust and quality they produce with HNI clients. Think you should join if you want a career upgrade. At large firms like CAM and IC you won’t be getting any exposure. You would be a clerk!
They used to pay 50k few years back. Work atmosphere is horrible. You won't stock for more than a month or 2. Also anyone can be fired randomly for any reason
Pls check with their alumni and I bet you will not find even a single person talking good about the place, particularly the Managing Partner. Being a sufferer myself, would strongly suggest to avoid this place at any cost.
Why are you telling me that? I have interned there and personally know people who have been fired randomly. Though they did manage to get better jobs later.
If you’re an intern focus on your work not on leadership and management of a firm which is out of your pay grade!
Yes it's 50k. Variable pay is a sham there and one day of offical lockdown can result in pay cut.

1 minute late punch in = loss of half day salary.

Also, please do check if there is any senior there to mentor you. At A0 level, mentorship is the most important aspect I guess. Money is going to come sooner or later. Good Luck.
You need to reconsider your option my friend. Pay cuts during covid has happened all across the world even big organizations like Netflix and everyone had to do it to cover costs.
Nobody is ever fired for no reason. You have to be thoroughly incompetent and useless to be fired from this firm. And instead of complaining if you focused on your jobs you would’ve gained valuable learning opportunities with high profile clients. Rather you chose to be a downsizer.
The place used to be good because of the people and partners but now its an empty place with no one and they are rebuilding the team. So cant really say about the team but pay is decent and there can be unexpected pay cuts
Interesting fact: There are no partner'"s" in Begur & Partners. So technically, it's not a partnership firm even.
One more interesting fact let me tell you. It is one of the best law firms of all time. Acclaimed by the Forbes list. So before you make ridiculous statements frustrated with your mediocre life think hard. The MD is a once in a lifetime lawyer. If your thinking of pursuing law please don’t if all you can do is bark sit at home at critique how pathetic your approach to life is. I have worked at Begur & Partners formerly known as ARA LAW. Even though they have downsized incapable and shallow people like you would be lucky to learn at such a place.
The place is literally a "one man show"!! The policy and rules are just followed on papers. Work means KM there. The environment can be very hostile.
Dear Candidate,

Between April 2020 to June 2020, the Firm (erstwhile ARA) lost all its retainers with an unprecedented attrition rate (reason: unknown) Suggest you to please check the facts from your consultant/ ex members of the Firm.

Having said that, its not a bad place to start with. Work quality is decent. Dont worry about the salary part..considering there are no resources at present, Iam sure you can except a good number.
And who’s supplying you with this false information ? Are you the MD or a partner? Or just another underperforming asset?
Somebody in the past one day has been posting replies in this thread. Curious curious.
A 50-word comment posted 2 weeks ago was not published.