Read 8 comments as:
Filter By
I am a fresher in litigation because I prefer it over corp law firm job. Working with an ex-KCO litigator in Delhi. Handling mostly commercial lit (IBC, Arb etc.) However, I think that I might consider joining a law firm's disputes practice (irrespective of tier) after a year or so. Would it be possible to transition and find a law firm job considering I'll have experience? Don't have big law firm internships, from a tier 1 NLU, and okay with starting as A0 even after 2 years.
I am a Principal Associate at a Tier 1. Spent 2 years doing trial court litigation, primarily criminal. And have now done six years
in a dispute resolution team, doing mostly Arbitration. So, people who are doing lit do get hired at dispute resolution teams in law firms all the time, though it is quite common to be not given requisite credit for the experience. It is also quite different in many ways, most teams do much less quantity of matters than an independent lawyer, and it is just a bit different.
Please do tell us how you transit and get into Dispute resolution team
Oh, that's good to know. Relieved. Thanks!

I am only considering law firm because I think, as much as I like lit, my decision to get into it may have been premature. Realizing now that someone's gotta pay the bills. Will try to transition into a decent firm's disputes team in a year or so
Considering he is an ex KCO, must be paying handsome amount to you. Dont join law firms to ruin everything.
Hey, All
I am looking for a position in Dispute team, I have a 2+ years of ex. Can anyone recommend the firms which are hiring ? I have a solid experience in Arbitration.

Hello Sir, (Law Fi) I would really appreciate if I can connect you over email !
Don’t stress - firms see litigators as folks who know court processes and value that