Read 10 comments as:
Filter By
We all know the traditional process of landing up with a job in law firms, but there exists little information on how to get a job as an in-house as a fresher. While law firms actively recruit through their internship programme, information regarding internships at companies is almost negligible.
Please note that campus recruitment is not an option.
Also, it would be very helpful if someone could shed light on this without getting into the pay-scale debate, I'm fine with a significant paycut till the time there's work-life balance.
A lot of companies in Mumbai hire legal interns and such interns, after graduation, are offered a job in the same team. This is how a few of my friends got job in inhouse legal teams of Tata and HDFC group.
Internships are your best bet (other than on campus hiring in case some good companies visit your college for recruitment). I got hired on campus although a lot of my colleagues bagged the job after interning for a couple of months. Make sure you’re applying at places where they’ve used the internship route to hire in the past. No point applying simply for the sake of doing an internship in your last 1-2 years. All the very best! If this doesn’t work out, I’d say join a Tier 2 firm and get in the experience for a couple of years. Going inhouse might then become easier. Stay clear of Tier 1s. No β€œlearning” is worth that shit. Speaking after having worked in both these worlds. All the best!
For a fresher, how to get into in-house roles? Good companies with good pay and work life balance.

Eg. Big 4’s or listed companies or even startup’s? Any suggestions or leads on openings
I got an in-house job as a fresher recently and honestly I had just interned at some tier 1 and tier 2 law firms of our country so it really does help.