Seedling School of Law & Governance, Jaipur National University, Jaipur
Seedling School of Law & Governance (SSLG) was established in the year 2008 with the establishment of Jaipur National University under the clause 2(f) of UGC Act of 1956. The Chancellor of the university is Mr. Sandeep Bakshi and the director of SSLG is Prof. Dr. V.S. Mani. The first private initiative in launch of a Five Year Integrated LLB programme with Bar Council of India Syllabus in Rajasthan following the national law school system, along with LLM and PhD programmes. The School was formally launched on 8th December, 2007 by Hon’ble Justice P. P. Naolekar of the Supreme Court of India, New Delhi. The Seedling School of Law and Governance in collaboration with the British Council and the University of Cardiff, UK, cosponsored and successfully organized the Western Region Cascade 2008 on 17th-19th March, 2008, at JNU Jaipur campus, in which 23 young law teachers from Rajasthan and Gujarat participated.
The University is located on the foothills of the Aravalis on approximately 50 acres of land at Jagatpura, Jaipur. It has three well-developed campuses, having worldclass infrastructure, including classrooms, seminar halls, laboratories, libraries, auditoria, hostels, playgrounds, ATMs, round the clock internet facility, etc.
Bar Council of India Approved.
- Five Year Integrated B. A., LL.B.,
- Three-Year LL.B.,
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Law (Part-Time) (Banking Laws / Insurance Law / IPR)
- Ph.D. (Law & Governance)
Bond University, Queensland, Australia
Number of Seats
- B.A., LL.B (Hons) Programme: 60 students each year.
- LL.M Programme: Up to 25 students each year.
- Ph.D. Programme: Up to 10 candidates each year
A Good collection of different books, journals, periodicals etc. are available in for the students.
Hostel accommodation for about 3,000 students (Girls & Boys Separate) is readily available.
- Computer Lab earmarked for law students, with no Campus wide Wi-Fi system
- No Access to on-line legal materials like the Manupatra online.
- Health Care at the Campus