National Law University Delhi or NLU Delhi is a national law school based in Delhi.
Please help Legallypedia and other future and current students by adding facts in the below space.
Just click the edit buttons at the top of the page or for each section, start writing and click save. Don't be constrained by the sections and add more things you think are relevant.
Do not copy-paste content directly from your university's website or elsewhere without quote marks and a link. Do not make unverifiable claims. Where possible, provide a link or source to information. Do not include 'marketing speak' and avoid strong adjectives where possible.
Remember: only facts belong in Legallypedia, opinion does not.
National Law University, Delhi was founded in 2008 with Prof. (Dr.) Ranbir Singh as the Vice-Chancellor and Prof. (Dr.) Ghanshyam Singh as Registrar.
The University is located in Sector-14, Dwarka, New Delhi. It is well connected by Metro and DTC. The office of the Intellectual Property Rights is just beside the campus.
- Vice-Chancellor: Prof. (Dr.) Ranbir Singh
- Registrar: Prof. (Dr.) Srikrishna Deva Rao
- Prof. (Dr.) Amar Singh
- Prof. (Dr.) Anju Vali Tikoo
- Prof. (Dr.) Sheshan Radha
Facts & Figures
- There are currently 240 Students in total over 3 batches.Provide citation
- Intake every year is 80 students with 10 seats reserved for Foreign Nationals.
- National Law University Delhi owns NLSIU Bangalore and NALSAR Hyderabad. Totally.
The University conducts an entrance examination each year. The paper comprises of 150 questions of 1 mark each and is of 1.5 hours duration. Candidates are tested on General Knowledge, Mathematics, Legal Knowledge and Reasoning, Logical Reasoning and English.
B.A., LL.B. (Hons.) 5-years Course
- Tuition Fee : Rs.35,000/- per semester
- Campus Development Fund Fee : Rs.5,000/- (one time)
- Admission Fee : Rs.2,500/- (one time)
- Student Welfare Fund : Rs.2,500/- p.a.
- SBC Fund : Rs.2,500/- p.a.
- Examination Fee : Rs.3,000/- p.a.
- Reading Material Fee : Rs.2,500/- p.a.
- Library Fee : Rs.2,500/- p.a.
- Internet Fee : Rs.5,000/- p.a.
- Electricity Charges : : Rs.12,000/- p.a
- Sports and Games Facilities Fee : Rs.3,000/- p.a.
- Journals Fee : Rs.2,500/- p.a.
- Moot Courts / Seminars / Workshops, etc. fund : Rs.5,000/- p.a.
- Room Rent Deposits : Rs.18,000/- p.a.
- Library Deposit : Rs.5,000/-
- Hostel Deposit : Rs.5,000/-
- Mess Deposit : Rs.5,000/-
TBC: How many hostel rooms are there? What is the state of the facilities?
Library and Reading Room
TBC: Describe the library, number of books available and other amenities and useful information.
TBC: How many computers are there available? How about internet connectivity? Other IT facilities?
Extra Curricular Activities
TBC: Write a little about how mooting in college is organised.
TBC: Other activities organised by students, including social or otherwise. Describe the structure of student body management.
Seminars and Conferences
Academia and faculty
TBC - feel free to create separate pages with biographies and details about each professor.
Journals and publications
TBC - add student published journals, as well as notable publications by faculty.
TBC: Which subjects can you take? Which are optional or compulsory? Feel free to add professors teaching each subject or whatever else is worth mentioning.
TBC: How many alumni approximately does the college have? Is there a formal and organised network?
TBC: List some alumni who have made a mark in the profession or gone on to do interesting things.