Legallypedia is a so-called "wiki" and using it is very simple. It is based on the same collaborative software that has made the excellent Wikipedia such an amazing resource for millions.
Just like Wikipedia, Legallypedia can not exist without your honest help and support. Legallypedia relies on reader contributions that are accurate, unbiased and verifiable - just like a proper paper encyclopedia or directory.
What is Legallypedia?
The idea is for articles on Legallypedia to help current and future generations of law students and lawyers by sharing collective knowledge and contributing towards more transparency in the Indian legal market.
What Legallypedia is NOT
- A way for anyone to write propaganda or promotional fluff about an organisation, institution or law firm.
- A newspaper - check Legally India at http://www.legallyindia.com for the latest fact-checked news on the Indian legal market.
- A repository for gossip and unconfirmed rumours.
- A political platform for any party, viewpoint or philosophy.
- A prejudiced or intolerant place that seeks to exclude users or reasonable views.
- A space to write about kittens, cricket or other things that have nothing to do with law.
But apart from that Legallypedia will be anything you want it to be.
Who can help?
For now, absolutely anyone can publish an article on Legallypedia. Please use this power responsibly and do not publish articles furthering your own subjective agendas or personal grudges. If people 'vandalise' pages or make irresponsible edits, Legallypedia will be restricted to users registered on Legally India only, which would be a shame. (NB: Unregistered users have to complete security checks from time to time to prevent spam - registered users can edit freely without such checks)
How to use a Wiki: crash course
In a very small nutshell, you can edit any article on Legallypedia and create as many new articles as you like on legal topics.
- Just click the "Edit" button above any article and you can change the text, which will be instantly published.
- To create a new article, just type a title of an article in the white search box to the top-right and click "Go". If an article on the topic or a similar topic exists, click on it from the search results and edit or add to it. Otherwise, click the red link and you can create a new article with that name.
- Any red link on the site means that no entries on the topic exists yet. You can click the red link and instantly create a new article on the topic.
- To create a link to a new or existing article yourself, simply type: Here is a link to the wiki page of [[Legally India]]. When saved, it will look like this: Here is a link to the wiki page of Legally India.
- To link to an external website, simply type: Here is an external link to [http://www.legallyindia.com Legally India]. This will look like this: Here is an external link to Legally India. (I.e.: Two square brackets for an internal Legallypedia link and one square bracket for external links.) Magic, couldn't be easier!
- To make a new big and bold heading like the one above, just type: ==This is a heading==
Delve deeper into Wiki use
For a basic guide that explains a bit more how to create new articles and edit existing entries on Legallypedia please read this Wikipedia guide on how to edit articles, 99 per cent of which will also apply on Legallypedia.