Subscribe for perks & to support LI

Your Interests & Preferences: Personalise your reading

Which best describes your role and/or interests?

I work in a law firm
I work for a company / in-house
I'm a litigator at the bar
I'm a law student
Aspiring law student
Other
Save setting
Or click here to show more preferences...

I am interested in the following types of stories (uncheck to hide from frontpage)

Firms / In-House
Deals
Courts
Legal Education

Always show me: (overrides the above)

Exclusives & Editor's Picks

Website Look & Feel

Light Text on Dark Background

Save preferences

Note: Your preferences will be saved in your browser. You can always change your settings by clicking the Your Preferences button at the top of every page.

Reset preferences to defaults?
× Are you a law student or are thinking about becoming a lawyer? Share your experiences and ask your questions here.

ICFAI LAW SCHOOL

• LAW ASPIRANT
  • LAW ASPIRANT's Avatar Topic Author
8 years 8 months ago #1 by LAW ASPIRANT
ICFAI LAW SCHOOL was created by LAW ASPIRANT
What are the students of ICFAI LAW SCHOOL DOING??no post no discusssions?Please let us know about this college.

I am appearing for LSAT AND I shall prefer ICFAI over JINDAL & OTHERS.
Please enlighten us!
  • Law aspirant
  • Law aspirant's Avatar Topic Author
8 years 8 months ago #2 by Law aspirant
Replied by Law aspirant on topic ICFAI LAW SCHOOL
"ICFAI a close second, catching up.Academics are very strong,Attendance mandatory, Regular exams in forms of test & Terms which is a strong criteria for gud CGPA, EXPOSURE NOT THAT GUD bcoz of usual tests students are not really encouraged to participate in Moots & Conferences, However participation is seen in past events.International acclaim/participation is yet to come.However some Internships & Summer schools participation is there.Check their Placement brochure.Exceptionally drafted.No flaw except the achievments corner.Students are gud but not much encouragement form Management side.Two batches passed out with a decent placement in law firms & corporates.Very gud Internships of students, although dont know through References or merits.Whatever it is, Legal fraternity in India are recognising it."

Is this true??Got it from a thread post!
  • icfai student
  • icfai student's Avatar Topic Author
8 years 8 months ago #3 by icfai student
Replied by icfai student on topic ICFAI LAW SCHOOL
Yes the above said about my college is absolutely true.We are a relatively new law college & are trying to be one of the premiere law school.
Our seniors of batch 09 & 10 had decent placements with law firms & Corporates.
  • law aspirant
  • law aspirant's Avatar Topic Author
8 years 8 months ago #4 by law aspirant
Replied by law aspirant on topic ICFAI LAW SCHOOL
Which law firms & Corporates you are talking about?
  • Student
  • Student's Avatar Topic Author
8 years 8 months ago #5 by Student
Replied by Student on topic ICFAI LAW SCHOOL
With regard to all the above posts: I being a student would say that ICFAI Law School is comparatively new and has got immense potential. One can look into our last few fest participations and results, however due to rigorous exams/test and presentations and little support from the management leaves us less time for major participation. International acclaim are flowing in the recent past. Summer Schools participation and success has evidently increased.

Our students from its very inception has interned with the best law firms and corporates, one can look into the list of internship in our placement committee website: www.icfailawschool.org

One call also download the placement brochure 2010, it will give you a better idea about the college and the course curriculum. The course curriculum is very much praised by the top law firms like DSK Legal, Federal & Rashmikant, Brus Chambers, etc, for the unique blend of law and management papers as well as financial accounting.

Placements has been decent and steady with the batches: firms like: Khaitan & Co., Talwar Thakore, Singh & Associates, Singhania & Co., RVR Associates, etc as well as corporates like Reliance, Shapporji Palonji Group, Quizlex, B4U, etc as well as others have recruited students.

Thus, to post no 1: I would say, you will make a wise decision in choosing for ICFAI Law School out of the other LSAT law schools evidently because we are better than them and our records assert the same.

All the best.
  • Law aspirant
  • Law aspirant's Avatar Topic Author
8 years 8 months ago #6 by Law aspirant
Replied by Law aspirant on topic ICFAI LAW SCHOOL
I doubt Talwar Thakore & Shapoorji Pallonji Group.Its a huge conglomerate of companies close to 200.Can you give us the other placements as well. What about firms like azb, amarchand & luthra??No tier 1 Firms in your list.
  • law aspirant
  • law aspirant's Avatar Topic Author
8 years 8 months ago #7 by law aspirant
Replied by law aspirant on topic ICFAI LAW SCHOOL
The above post is not to offend you guys.

I am just concerned about my future & career, if i chose to sudy at your college.

I know the status of the firms like Talwar Thakore & Khaitan & Corporates like Shapoorji Pallonji & as a result a little confused & doubtful.By the way are you talking about Khaitan Mumbai and Shapoorji Pallonji Mumbai?
  • symbi
  • symbi's Avatar Topic Author
8 years 8 months ago #8 by symbi
Replied by symbi on topic ICFAI LAW SCHOOL
I am a student of symbiosis batch of 2010.I have a friend of mine in ICFAI.As heard of her & her achievements n internships , I have finally concluded tht it is better than symbi.The only reason bein

The college does not show u high hopes but at the end manages to sumhow fulfill those hopes.
whereas when you have huge hopes at the beginning a five yrs course & it crashed with a huge thud u r left to nothing!

Aparently & Co-incidentally The person referred above who is placed in Shapoorji Pallonji is my friend.

All the best to her & the college.
  • Student
8 years 8 months ago #9 by Student
@Law Aspirant:

Well, there's nothin which shud and can offend us. However, one advise to you being: concentrate on your preparations for admission as well as getting thru with the 5 yrs of rigorous law school.. once you do these two well along wit decent extra-curricular you will definitely get a good placement.

As for the firms: please check the rankings as well as follow legallyindia, you will know exactly where they stand.. and plz shake off the over-indulgence over magic circle (india) law firms. You shud concentrate on knowing the law and getting ample exposure to grow in life. There are ample law firms doin pretty commendable work dese days to help you with in this regard.
  • Student
8 years 8 months ago #10 by Student
@Symbi: thnks dude for d kind comments, n i guess i hv hear bout u frm my fren at Shapoorji quite a few times.. Hi 2 u!
  • hnlu
  • hnlu's Avatar Topic Author
8 years 8 months ago #11 by hnlu
Replied by hnlu on topic ICFAI LAW SCHOOL
Batch of 2010 HNLU.Got through ILSAT 2005 but did not join the college.It did not even have a campus then.Just a building.

Checked your brochure.Well done .But I feel that the teachers qualification are not that impressive and lot of improvements in the Achievement Corner in terms of Moots & Conferences.

But stiill Good the College has come such a long way.

HNLU does particiapte in motts & conferences but in terms of placement I regret my decision of not joining your college.
  • Student
8 years 8 months ago #12 by Student
@HNLU: u r right dude. but, then again the time u joined HNLU, ur college also did not have a campus, FYI, we moved into our new campus earlier than yours (if at all u guys shifted to the your new campus)

Thnks fr d kind comments on d brochure, and we too feel we could have participated in more moots n seminars n conferences. But, then again our stringent exam pattern left us wit less opportunity to participate, sadly most moots would clash wit our exams. Hope participation will increase wit the junior batches though.

Our faculties are good. They know to whats most required: explain law in simple ways. I too cannot say words of appreciation to hnlu's faculties either, however good law faculties are scarce, so lets face d reality.
  • Student
8 years 8 months ago #13 by Student
FYI NLS has a trisemestar format and still they manage to participate in all moots/conferences not only in INDIA , worldwide.You want to say you have even more stringent pattern.Think Over it.

@ Law Aspirant:Aim for the sky not the trees!Aim for CLAT not LSAT.
  • Student
8 years 8 months ago #14 by Student
Reply to the last post:

We are not comparing us wit the Top NLSs. We know u guys rule.

NLS though has a trimester patter, they can participate bcoz the management allows students to go for such competitions and if exams are missed in the process, provisions for make up are there.. However in our law school, there is no provision for makeup except for grave illness.

We have four exams in a period of 4 months.. Evry first 10-12 days of a month exams are held. Thus, i can very well say we have a much stringent patter, leave apart the project and research paper submissions. I kno dis mite surprise u, but, dat wont change the reality..

FYI most moot competitions r held in first 10 days of a month. The moots which fit our schedule we do participate.

@Law Aspirant: i kno many students frm all d nationals, been to most of dre campuses, worked wit dem at interns.. all very close frens.. Take it frm me, dre aint much a difference as far as individuals v. individual is concerned.

Aim to learn the law, doesnt matter wher u r from as long as the college is decent if u hav d knowledge, ability n confidence.
  • Student
8 years 8 months ago #15 by Student
Dude Comparison should be between equals! So the question of comparison does not arise.

Your examination Pattern is quite wierd, seems lyk those Primary schools tests.Hope at the end of the Semester you know the subject well.

I sympathise with u guys for not participating in the the extra curriculars.Hope to see more of your college in near future.

BTW What was your batch strength , Placement Percentage, The highest Package & the lowest package?
  • Student
8 years 8 months ago #16 by Student
No one's comparing, i did mention that already. Besides strict academic pattern does ensure us good knowledge of law. Ya, maybe d schedule shud b revamped so as 2 enable us in participating in more and more moots, comps, meets n fest etc. As far as d batch is concerned: its around 50 and with regard to job offers n packages, u will need 2 wait until May end for a consolidated info. I l keep u guys posted.. Hwever, as on date, the placements has been quite decent, and d placements r still goin on..
  • student
  • student's Avatar Topic Author
8 years 8 months ago #17 by student
Replied by student on topic ICFAI LAW SCHOOL
Yes it is Shapoorji Pallonji Mumbai & Khaitan kolkata.
  • ASSOCIATE
  • ASSOCIATE's Avatar Topic Author
8 years 8 months ago #18 by ASSOCIATE
Replied by ASSOCIATE on topic ICFAI LAW SCHOOL
I LYK THE 6 MONTHS INTERNSHIP CONCEPT OF YOUR COLLEGE.UNIQUE
HOPE U PPL DO SERIOUS INTERNS THEN!
  • HR
  • HR's Avatar Topic Author
8 years 8 months ago #19 by HR
Replied by HR on topic ICFAI LAW SCHOOL
I too found the course unique with a very good blend of law, management and humanities. the six months last semester interns for 5th yrs being the best. This is so much better than 4/8 weeks interns. It gives both, them and us an opportunity to connect with each other and by the end of it they can expect an offer. I would suggest students to stick to one organization, that way they will have better chances of getting absorbed.

As a matter of fact: i know these students and the law schools takes internship very seriously, they issue a diary where students need to make daily entries and get them approved by the organization project/intern head. Also guess, interns are required to give presentations to faculty guides, grades are assigned on it which adds up to the CGPA. However, someone from icfai can confirm this.
  • Student @ICFAI LAW SCHOOL
  • Student @ICFAI LAW SCHOOL's Avatar Topic Author
8 years 8 months ago #20 by Student @ICFAI LAW SCHOOL
Replied by Student @ICFAI LAW SCHOOL on topic ICFAI LAW SCHOOL
The college appoints faculty head at all centres(Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai, Hyderabad and Blore) .Thus the Faculty Guide(Someone appointed by the College) and the Project guide ( Someone from the organization under whom the student is interning/ PREPARING A PROJECT apart from the work alloted in the organization) take the presentation together.

There are two compulsory Interns One at the end of 3rd Year and One at the end of Final Year apart from the regular ones students do at the end of each year.Both Compulsory Internships follows the same method as stated above.
  • Shruti
  • Shruti's Avatar Topic Author
8 years 8 months ago #21 by Shruti
Replied by Shruti on topic ICFAI LAW SCHOOL
Does this mean u guys are not allowed to intern at other cities like: Pune, Chennai etc. Dat wud b a loss.

But, though d process seems a lil 'choking' for d students, yet it is good. It gives importance to the firms and sends out a message that the law school's responsibility is not achieved by just merely sending students at internship but that it continues by monitoring the performance of d students.
  • Student@ICFAI
  • Student@ICFAI's Avatar Topic Author
8 years 8 months ago #22 by Student@ICFAI
Replied by Student@ICFAI on topic ICFAI LAW SCHOOL
Oh no!The management is flexible enough on this issue atleast!3 Presenation to be given during the Internships,So the students can always go to the nearest centre for the presenation.

& Aneways the option of interning at places lyk Pune, Chennai etc are always open in theIst Yr, 2nd yr & 4th yr..

so not much an issue ...
  • AShok
  • AShok's Avatar Topic Author
8 years 8 months ago #23 by AShok
Replied by AShok on topic ICFAI LAW SCHOOL
hi guys
can you tell me on what percentage icfai allot admissions for lsat and their own entrance exam?
  • Law Student
  • Law Student's Avatar Topic Author
8 years 8 months ago #24 by Law Student
Replied by Law Student on topic ICFAI LAW SCHOOL
@Ashok: Since, the LSAT exams will be held for the 1st time this year, it is difficult to state the pattern of allotment of seats. The Campus Admissions Dept., works in this regard. Thus, i would suggest you visit www.icfailawschool.org 'contact us' page take a note of the placement executive's number and give him a call, he will be able to answer your query.
More
8 years 8 months ago #25 by muralikrishna_n2003
Give me the details of ICFAI LAW SCHOOL!
Moderators: Prachishrivastavakianganz

Latest comments