other

Website Look & Feel

•  •  Dark Mode
Blog Layout

Save preferences

Seva Niketan

More
8 years 7 months ago #1 by sanjay.khan.nagra
Without doubt, it is the best place to stay for those law students (boys) who are interning in Mumbai and dont have any other free accommodation.

Situated at Sir JJ Road (Right after the JJ Flyover ends) in Byculla, near the Indian Oil Petrol pump.

Its approximately 10-15 mins from Fort, Nariman Point, Marine Lines, Colaba, Ballard Estate as well as Lower Parel. Thus, almost all the law firms are 15 mins away from the place. Since it is situated on main road, you get buses right opposite it, the freqency is 2-3 mins in either direction.

There are four categories of rooms:

1. Single Bed: 350 per night (approximately)
2. Double/Triple Bed: 170 per night (approximately)
3. Eight Bed: 140 per night (for sure)
4. Fourteen Bed: 125 per night (for sure)

Address is: Seva Niketan, National Sodality Centre, Sir JJ Road, Byculla, Mumbai

Phone Number: 022-23092934

Check out/in time is 9 am

There is no in time as such, however the elevator stops working after 10.30 pm.

Smoking in rooms is permitted, provided noone else in the room has any objection to it.

For Eight, Two/Three and One bed rooms, cupboards are provided. For fourteen bed, a small trunk is given.

The hostel is pretty clean and the crowd is decent too.

All in all, its the best place for students to stay during their internships.

Let me know, should you need anymore information in this regard.

Sanjay Khan
  • Anonymous
8 years 3 months ago #2 by Anonymous
Replied by Anonymous on topic Seva Niketan
Wow! I found this very helpful..
I am a CLAT aspirant. And want to go ahead with a crash course in Mumbai. But I am unable to find an accommodation in MUMBAI.
SEVA NIKETAN sounds to be a good option.Please give me more information with its location,food(whether it is available or not and if it is not available then how to arrange for food)..etc etc...please be kind enough to reply very soon!!
thanks,
sourav
More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #3 by Mohit Singh
Replied by Mohit Singh on topic Seva Niketan
Food: Seva Niketan has a cafeteria/restaurant within its building. Food is not included within the money which you pay to them. You need to pay separately.

Turn Off: A person cannot stay in Seva Niketan for a continuous period of more than 15 days. You need to check out every 16th day and can join the next day.

Location:The location is closer to CST Station and can be reached by taxi in a fare of around 45 rupees and by bus in around 6-8 rupees. It is at a walking distance from the Bayculla local railway station.
More
8 years 3 months ago #4 by Mohit Singh
The location is closer to CST Station and can be reached by taxi in a fare of around 45 rupees and by bus in around 6-8 rupees. It is at a walking distance from the Bayculla local railway station.
  • Hari Kumar
8 years 3 months ago #5 by Hari Kumar
Replied by Hari Kumar on topic Seva Niketan
The information regarding Sevaniketan is sounds good for guys like me who need to stay mumbai about 10 days every year..as a part of job..

Is possible to book the rooms online or by phone..before leaving to Mumbai.. ?
More
8 years 3 months ago #6 by Mohit Singh
This is yet another drawback with Seva Niketan.

They take payment only through Cash or by a demand draft.
One cannot book through phone or email.
You can send demand draft through courier or post and can book your accommodation.
More
8 years 6 days ago #7 by pranushak
Replied by pranushak on topic Seva Niketan
Any good accommodation for girls?
More
8 years 5 days ago #8 by sanjay.khan.nagra
Replied by sanjay.khan.nagra on topic Seva Niketan
I know of the following three PGs for girls:

1. It is run by one Ms. Shaila in Marine Lines, opposite Parsi Dairy. Hardly 200 mts. from Marine Lines Station. Its air conditioned and she used to charge 6000 a month (plus security deposit) till last year. Dont know about the present rates. Will post her number if I can get.

2. All Saints Home. Its a christian charitable trust hostel for working women. 200 mts from Dockyard Station. I guess the charge is 3000 a month and they also have a canteen so you can pay some additional money for food.
Their address and number is: 54 A, Mazagaon, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400010. 022 23708775

3. There is a PG at Grant Road. The warden is Dr. Paradkar and her number is 9820110756.

Also, you could try for YWCA. There are two in South Bombay.

Hope this helps!

Sanjay Khan.
More
8 years 5 days ago #9 by pranushak
Replied by pranushak on topic Seva Niketan
Thank you a lot for the information! :)
  • Anonymous
7 years 10 months ago #10 by Anonymous
Any idea about pgs near mahalaxmi, moses road in the range of Seva niketan prices
  • Anonymous
7 years 9 months ago #11 by Anonymous
Since many of the law firms are clustered in south mumbai, for a lawyer, who has just about started her career, it is a good idea to live in any of the following working womens' hostels. They are an absolute value for money.... good location, clean and well furnished rooms and decent food.

I am numbering them, in order of my preference:

a. Womens' Graduate Union, Colaba, (near Bombay Port Trust Park)
b. YWCA, Colaba (near colaba cause way)
c. Mahila Vikas (also close to nariman point and colaba)

I lived in Womens Graduate Union Hostel for three years of my career... and it was a super good experience.
  • Anonymous
7 years 3 weeks ago #12 by Anonymous
My office is in Bandra West so could you tell me if you know of any PG/Hostel which is close to it or on the same line as Bandra Station?
5 years 2 weeks ago #13 by
Replied by on topic Seva Niketan

sanjay.khan wrote: Without doubt, it is the best place to stay for those law students (boys) who are interning in Mumbai and dont have any other free accommodation.

Situated at Sir JJ Road (Right after the JJ Flyover ends) in Byculla, near the Indian Oil Petrol pump.

Its approximately 10-15 mins from Fort, Nariman Point, Marine Lines, Colaba, Ballard Estate as well as Lower Parel. Thus, almost all the law firms are 15 mins away from the place. Since it is situated on main road, you get buses right opposite it, the freqency is 2-3 mins in either direction.

There are four categories of rooms:

1. Single Bed: 350 per night (approximately)
2. Double/Triple Bed: 170 per night (approximately)
3. Eight Bed: 140 per night (for sure)
4. Fourteen Bed: 125 per night (for sure)

Address is: Seva Niketan, National Sodality Centre, Sir JJ Road, Byculla, Mumbai

Phone Number: 022-23092934

Check out/in time is 9 am

There is no in time as such, however the elevator stops working after 10.30 pm.

Smoking in rooms is permitted, provided noone else in the room has any objection to it.

For Eight, Two/Three and One bed rooms, cupboards are provided. For fourteen bed, a small trunk is given.

The hostel is pretty clean and the crowd is decent too.

All in all, its the best place for students to stay during their internships.

Let me know, should you need anymore information in this regard.

Sanjay Khan

• Nemai
4 years 1 month ago #14 by Nemai
Replied by Nemai on topic Seva Niketan
Can you please share the contact details of Women s Graduate Union, Colaba.

Thanks/ Regards
Moderators: Prachishrivastavakianganz

Latest comments