Read 9 comments as:
Filter By
I know that law being as jurisdiction-specific as it is doesn't make for very easy immigration but is there any possibility to take up a role that involves a substantial amount of travel?
Join an international firm with a busy India practice. Fly in, fly out twice every month. I’ve been doing it for 10 years. It’s great for miles.
I work in IP and IT law. My company has sponsored trips for me to the following places:

- Palo Alto (Business class and 5 star hotel stay)

- Singapore (Business class and 5 star hotel stay)

- Dubai (Business class and 5 star hotel stay)

- London (Business class and 5 star hotel stay)

- Mumbai (Economy class and stay at the Taj)

- Delhi (Economy class and stay at the Imperial)
BTG Advaya. Amazing firm, amazing people, and in my time there, even A0s used to travel. They have french desks and the like + collab with Osborne Clark
While most firms offer 4 or 5 star hotels, please make sure you negotiate that you will only travel by business class before you join a firm. I’ve seen cases where even senior lawyers are being cramped into economy class seats in a 3-4-3 configuration. Not easy to work on your laptop in an economy middle class seat.
Maybe for international. At least in domestic travel, it's simply not possible to fly business very often due to Indigo-Akasa being the best available flight.