Read 9 comments as:
Filter By
Hi all

I am a litigator in NCR with a T2 firm and already have an LLM. I wish to pursue a PhD just in case I wish to switch to a teaching job later in my hometown. Due to family obligations, I cannot terminate my retainership and pursue PhD full-time.

Would anyone know any good universities (preferably with reasonable fees) where I can pursue PhD without any attendance requirements?
Bump!

I'm in the same boat. Am already employed, but there may be a time in future where I may have to change cities and get into academia.
Most of the PhD programmes in the various NLUs will only require you to attend the classes during the coursework period. These classes will be held for around 100 hours over 6 months. Some places will have it only during weekends, others may have it at a stretch over a month. Other than that, there's no requirement of attendance apart from meeting your guide occasionally, which can be done virtually, or presenting your progress once or twice a year.
Hi, if you're looking for international universities, Oxford has a good structured part time PhD program. The challenge with some distance PhDs (particularly from the European schools) is that they don't have too many requirements around how frequently advisors are required to engage, which means that it entirely depends on your luck with an advisor. Also they are sometimes not too flexible around how you can attend courses online, and don't have systems in place to keep distance candidates engaged with discussion groups etc. Oxford gets some of this right, especially if you're looking to conduct research in an area where they already offer other distance courses (like the part time MScs in finance, tax etc)
Is PhD a joke to you? It gives u a damn surname, please respect it atleast.
It's not a surname, but an honorific. Please do not malign the language.