Read 5 comments as:
Filter By
Hi, I currently work in Tata Steel, so I am qualified to give you an answer.

The work hours are good. They will not expect you to slog like a law firm.

The culture is old fashioned because the average age of employees is high.

The pay is not very good. But the benefits/perks are amazing and adds 10% to your salary.

However, when you say Tata Company, there is a huge variation. There are several Tata Companies across several cities. So it is almost like working for totally different companies which have nothing in common except the broad ownership of Tata Sons.
How easy is it to switch from one in-house position to another? What does the career trajectory of a fresher who starts as an in-house counsel look like?
Hi

I joined Tata Steel a year ago and this is my first in house job. So I am not qualified to answer your first question.

I have not seen freshers being hired here since a minimum of 3 years experience is mandatory. This varies from one company to another.

A promotion can take anywhere between 2.5 (if you are outstanding at your work) -5 years (if you are okay at your work) of working in the company.

The growth is slow compared to law firms. A friend working in-house for the past 4 years suggested that frequent job switches are required in in-house positions to grow (salary wise).