Read 61 comments as:
Filter By
Will we ever see some other NLU/law school over take NLSIU ? The corporate placements in the top 3/4 NLUs are pretty similar, NLS continues to stay at the helm because of its legacy which comes with being the 1st NLU.

There have been students who have opted for NLUD/NALSAR over NLS, will we see more of it in the coming years?

NALSAR was expected to surpass NLS until a few years ago, but lately its has fallen behind so my money is in NLUD.

Which law schools have the potential to be the best law school in the country?
Noojies getting butt-hurt because you didn’t mention (rightfully) their college
Can someone tell me why they don't see nujs being better than NLUD/NALSAR/ NLSIU?

Like what's holding it back?

It's placements are great if not the best, it's the only one which releases yearly placements reports, does well in moot competitions, and its students clear UPSC/judicial exams too not to forget ivy league schools.

Why do much hate for the place
Exactly. The answer lies in your statement. The placements are great. But not the best. The noojies can’t accept that. They think they give the best placement offers based on their own secluded world. Grow up! NLU-D is just inch behind Nujs. And it’s very difficult to outperform nlsiu. And the international MOU culture is missing thoroughly. Like you cannot just transfer your credits anytime u want which is plausible at nalsar. Just relaxing a basic report and doing well in upsc doesn’t make Nujs the best place
Actually, you can transfer your credits at NUJS too. And there are several MoUs in place. Exchange programmes are very expensive and rarely add any substantive value, so students here have stopped going to those.
Say that to the 3rd year kid who desperately want to exchange at least one semester abroad at Dartmouth but couldn’t because of any lack of MOU
The 3rd Year kid can just do a Masters from Dartmouth with scholarship after graduation. Much better return on investment.
Why will students go to some D grade college in Netherlands or Sweden when they can opt for UCL(at Nalsar) , Georgetown(at NLS) or Harvard (at NLU-D) by their own hardwork from universities that matter. Stop misleading people. If I was in Nujs , I would never have opted for those B tier exchange programmes.
Please provide stats of students from these NLUs who have gone on such exchange programmes since the MOUs have been entered into. All these vaunted MOUs are just for show, without doing any value addition to the NLUs. Given that you have zero qualification to dub certain universities D grade, one should not pay any attention to your opinion anyway.
Political interference, weak infra, diminished quality of faculty, student politics and divisions. Basical;y
NUJS has the best corporate placements out of all the NLUs and release a yearly placement report, something which no other NLUs has the guts to do.

No one needs to get butt hurt.
I feel nlu-d. The college has been getting all the resources it needs. The fee-hike did put them behind , but overall the college can do well. Nalsar is still ahead because of its fee structure. I hope they don’t increase it
None! Especially after Sudhir has come in. The NLS will remain as a brand. The other top NLUs are also prestigious and remain the same but will never be able to match the brand value for sure!
Sudhir the same guy says that they will increase the batc size to 500?

Who increased it to 240.

Let's see if they even manage to give jobs to those 240 kis in 2027/28.
All of them won't even make it to 5th year. The current 1st-year batch (Batch'27) will probably see 20-30 people fail. Around 5 people have already dropped out/have a year back due to an attendance shortage. Those who will make it to the 5th year without being held back for a year should be able to secure a job (at least a T2-T3).
Credits definitely should go to sudhir. I love the culture of nlsiu failing people. Life is based on the principle of survival of the fittest - if you are good then you are good
Abey toh what is the problem. If any guys will face problem it’s you nalsar/Nujs people not us. We will eat your jobs because more offers will come to us. God your comment is ridiculous to say the least
Less offers have been coming to you for the last 5 years even with a smaller batch. Which is why you no longer dare to publish placements records.
I think the real question might be, whether NLUs lower down the chain (including NUJS) would be able to place "all" their students down the line because the 240 batch-NLS will obviously eat into the CLAT pool+job pool of those below it
That is not a question at all. There is no recruiter who would place a 100-ranked NLSIU student over a 20-ranked NUJS one. In fact, increasing the batch size would harm NLSIU's already declining placement scene. There is a reason why they have stopped releasing placement data for over 5 years now.
The logic that you have used is sub-par, on the contrary. First of all, CLAT ranks mean zilch once you are in a law school. Everybody in the profession is aware of that. Clearly, you are still a student, therefore unaware of it. Moreover, there is no data to prove that a batch topper from NUALS earns less than a rank 80 from NUJS. You just used a make-believe piece of opinion as support for your argument. Further, the difference between NUJS and NUALS graduates not getting similar opportunities is because of institutional legacy and alumni connect. There is no such difference between NLSIU and NUJS any more, same goes for NALSAR. Which is why a mid-rank NLSIU student does not get any preferential treatment over a higher ranked student at NUJS or NALSAR. The fact that you are so eager to jump into ad-hominem attacks also speaks volumes of the quality of education that you have received, as well as your maturity level.
Your comparison is flawed. You can't compare a topper of NUALS with some 80 ranked dude who is below average at best. Similarly batch ranked 100 at NLS will be an average kid in a batch 240 peeps, u can't compare him with a ranked 20 fellow.

Let's compare a ranked 100 fellow (average kid) with ranked 50-60 kid (NUJS) both should have similar capabilities. Now if firms hire 100-150 fellows from a batch 240 students at NLS then the stats of other NLUs will surely get affected as there are not enough jobs! In the near term 180-240 peeps start graduating from NLS, no NLU will have 100% placement stats. All T1 NLUs will prolly place the same percentage of the batch at similarly placed firms.

Let's say T1 NLUs start placing 70% of thr batch at good places. Due to the increased batch sizes, this figure will cover almost all the jobs and the lower ranked NLUs will get peanuts. While the rest 30% of the batch will not get into decent places.

Therefore, placement records of all the T1 NLUs will get affected proportionately. In absolute numbers, u may say that 50kids did not secure a job but in terms of percentage of the batch it will remain the same as other NLUs. The lower NLUs will get affected the most as firms won't even go there for day Z
Lol! Firms aren't going to hire 100 plus people from NLSIU. They haven't even hiring 50 for many years now.
If wishes were horses. Instead, NLSIU has already been losing its jobs to NALSAR and NUJS for years now.
What you have to understand is that people who have made NLSIU famous are those from outside the law firm world. Other NLUs have failed to catch up to NLSIU because 99% of their alumni prefer to work with CAM, AZB etc.
Who considers NLSIU the best in anything at this stage other than CLAT aspirants? NIRF doesn't count because they don't verify any data anyway. I've not seen any difference in the last 5 years between NLSIU grads, NALSAR grads and NUJS grads in any form of legal career.
Everyone does. Just because one or two candidates opted for nalsar or nlu Delhi because of their close proximity to their hometown , doesn’t make nlsiu any less better
You do realise right that it’s not only NIRf who keeps NLS at the top rank. Everyone does. So stop butchering the efforts
Name someone who doesn't? Other than people who failed to make it to NLS?
I am an NLS grad myself. I do not find any difference between the current grads from my alma and other top NLUs. I do like to work with people whom I know from Law School, but that is because of the familiarity issue, not that there aren't other qualified people around.
Yes, it can if people in other law schools work harder than NLS Peeps, NLS Peeps are a great combination of hard work + smart work.

If any other law school can inculcate those qualities then why not.

You can be Manchester City in the world of Manchester United.
In this case NLU-D is going to be Manchester City, since they have a new manager Pep Bajpai with the talents of Haaland,Grealish, De Bryune in abundance.
Major correction. Nalsar has never fallen behind NLU D. NIRF ranking notwithstanding even NUJS is head to toe with NLU D.
Unless by hegemony you are referring to that bogus NIRF ranking, NLSIU has ceased to be a monopoly in the last 20 years or so. Last 20 years has been the years of the trifecta NLS, NALSAR and NUJS. This was true in 2008 and is true today. Colleges like NLU D and NLU J and GNLU have come to be equally known as good colleges.
I mean yeah it would be nice to see the other NLUs become better and stand up right alongside NLS, something which we see in the top IITs and IIMs.

Something like that will be for the greater good, not only will it improve the quality of education but also force NLS to do keep doing more and more.

Competition is always good, as long as it doesn't becomes toxic.

I would love to see some of these places getting the rank 1 in nirf etc.
Everything in your comment was fine. Except the NIRF ranking part. Tomorrow even if NIRF ranks Symbi as no 1 (which it is quite capable of), it changes NOTHING in ground reality.
With NLS increasing its batch size all the way to 240, with the ever increasing domicile quota, the quality of the batch is bound to worsen.

I expect this hegemony to end in the next 5 years or so, NLUD has the best chances to replace it considering the rapid improvements it has made in the last few years.

NALSAR has the potential but it has fallen late as of yet, NUJS needs to deal with a lot of internal issues before it can even think of walking down this path.
The only hegemony that NLS has today is in terms of reputation.

The other top 3- NLUD/NALSAR/NUJS have been doing just as well if not better in other criterias.

But that very reputation of NLS is something it has worked very hard to build over the years, surpassing that is a tough nut to crack unless NLS messes up big time or gets involved in some massive scandal.
I'm a Symbi grad working in a Tier 1 with a PQE of about 18 yrs. When I joined the profession, the NLS club was all across the limited top tier firms that were there then. Over a period of time there was hope of others breaking in & giving them a good fight. NALSAR and NUJS did that but what can be accused of NLS is the same for NALSAR and NUJS today & for last 5-7 years in law firms. They have their own clubs, their own jokes, their own non-inclusiveness and these 3 colleges also bond with each other on that count. Everybody knows everybody especially in the senior circles of law firms & it's a very opaque club with no outsiders allowed. It happens in referral of work or in development of business with your alumni in senior in-house positions. Its only going to get worse for the other colleges.

I'm not saying they are like some big bad evil but other colleges do a horrible job of networking & looking out for each other & therefore don't have a reasonable chance of catching up soon.

Caveats: My comment is restricted to only law firms & I have no hopes of my own alumni because half the time we don't even know each other.
Who said NLS has a hegemony? Nalsar had displaced NLS hegemony some 20 years back. NUJS and NLUD have continued this trend. I'd say it is not just ONE law school now but rather the top 3 that come in Tier 1. The new age law schools i.e NLUD, NLUJ and GNLU are also great.
Yeah lol. Keep dreaming. No seriously. Just because majority of this thread is filled with ppl from Nujs or nalsar doesn’t automatically end the hegemony of nlsiu right? Go out in the real market. You will understand
A 9-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.
A 6-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.