Read 8 comments as:
Filter By
Hi, I am from 2020 Batch, from Non-NLU. My primary focus in law school was Judicial Services which I could not crack. Since 2021 I have been litigating (on and off due to covid and health issues). Now, I strongly intuit that there is lesser scope in Trial Court practise (old property matters and criminal disputes) and commercial litigation and General Corporate / M&A is much more rewarding.

I am also not from a family of lawyers/judges and hence there is obvious difficulty of setting up my own litigation practise.

Now, I really want to shift to Corporate Law firm and do General Corporate Work / M & A . I have no internships in those areas . My internships were primarily litigation based in District Courts.

1. What are my chances ? How do I shift ? What do I need to read as I have zero knowledge of Company law, rules and other laws which are used in Lawfirms on a daily basis?

2. Will any T-1 accept me for internship ?

3. Should I again do L.LB from GLC Mumbai (3 year or 5 year) to get my foot inside lawfirm ?

4. Should I do Company Secretary to get my foot inside lawfirm ?

5. 4. Should I do CA to get my foot inside lawfirm ?

I am willing to bear the pain , struggle and humiliation . I have been just trying to set up my career for many years.

I am seeking guidance from experienced people . No Trolls please.
I am a first generation lawyer, recently graduate in search for a job, I have experience on civil and criminal litigation and want to switch to corporate , can someone suggest some good place to apply
Don't, seriously don't! If you do, come back to this thread, in 5 years from now.
What would be wise plan of action? I want to earn money which is only in law firms