Read 16 comments as:
Filter By
Kindly whoever thinks this is relevant - send in your thoughts whether you feel JGLS is tier 1 or tier 2 . If you feel it’s Tier-1 , then what will be its ranking ? After GNLU or before GNLU ?

NO TROLLS plz
People still go to that university if they crack CLAT or AILET? Wonders will never cease. This is why students should sponsor their own higher education, it teaches them the value of money.
Several people do. They have priorities other than money. They anyway have lots of it. Not a bad decision, given their position, imo.
NLS

NALSAR/NLUD

NUJS

NLUJ

GNLU

NLIU

JGLS

HNLU/NLUO

Symbiosis Pune

RMNLU

RGNUL

MNLUM
JGLS is certainly superior than NLIU, NLUJ & GNLU on almost all parameters. Nujs also not a great place any more. So after NLS, Nalsar and NLU Delhi, Jindal can be preferred.
It depends on your priorities. If placement/job opportunities are something that concerns you then JGLS is surely not T-1/T-2 and will surely be placed after GNLU but if infrastructure, faculty, or academia is something that interests you then JGLS is T-1.
If what it’s about is quality of education- the students knowledge of basic legal skills, of being capable of doing legal research on their own, of being able to problem solve. Then I don’t think jgls is tier 1 at all. Students from nls nalsar nlu delhi nujs are all - at a base line - after five years of law school, somewhat competent. Nls students might be much better prepared to actually be in a league of their own.

I don’t know what kind of education jgls grads are getting- but they’re simply not competitive at this stage. Maybe the top 1% of jgu students could go toe to toe with the top 50% of folks from T1 colleges- but I’m not sure about the rest.

And honestly - the rest of it - faculty qualifications, faculty publications , infrastructure - all of that shouldn’t matter. It’s good to have - and it’s a good way to get rankings- but at the end of it it should come down to whether you can trust any law grad from jgls to have certain capabilities and I just don’t think you can.
Eh? I disagree strongly. In my experience JGLS grads have been at par with NLU grads - both interns and associates. At least at my office.
You’ve gotten lucky. I haven’t seen this at all. And I know several people who taught at jgls and NLUs who agree that the latter group are just better prepared at analytical work and that the standard of education at jgls isn’t that great.

It’s hard for it to not be - you have 800 students who all need to pass your exams - the bar will be on the floor only.
JGLS always Tier 1. Only law school which brought Harvard, Oxford alumni to teach in Indian law college.

Jindal problem is cost. If you can afford or get scholarship then go for it.
Err no. Several such alumni have taught at the NLUs. Some have joined JGLS and then left also from there. Please don't try to pass off your opinions as a fact.
I think the adv. wala commentator was referring to white people. Ghar ki brown wali murgi is treated differently there, wherever it may have been educated.
I mean what lies no ? NLUs have had alumni returning after degrees in Harvard Yale Oxford for ages before JGU was even a thing. There’s a limit to PR ya. How many Oxford folks are at JGU anyway? The number of folks from ivys / elite schools is reducing- now you’re seeing more and more people from tier 2/3 foreign universities
I know that there is someone from Sheffield teaching at Jiggles now, who took 3 tries to finish their LLM and even then only because their teachers just gave up.