Read 14 comments as:
Filter By
People For Animals (PFA) wrote on Instagram, “BJP MP Prathap Simha @pratapsimha_mp of Mysuru, in a press conference has recommended “killing of all pups as soon as they are born” ...This is disgusting and hate speech, spreading violence for no reason." ...Tarun Agarwal from Animal Cruelty Cell has sent a legal notice written by advocate Abhijit Gupta asking Sinha to take back the harsh statement passed in the press conference and to apologise in the public.The legal notice sent to Sinha reads, “My client (Tarun Agarwal) has instructed to inform you that in case your antics continue towards such acts, then legal proceedings will be initiated before the court of law for your unjust act towards animals.”

https://bangaloremirror.indiatimes.com/bangalore/others/furore-over-mps-stray-dog-comment/articleshow/98741863.cms

https://indianexpress.com/article/cities/bangalore/well-eliminate-stray-dogs-if-media-keeps-silent-says-karnataka-bjp-mp-pratap-simha-8469644/
and insensitive, rich, or middle class law students who gives two hoots about the poor who walks sleeps and lives on the road who get mauled to death by the stray dogs because they have to be activists at something that does not involve getting picked up by the cops or the system.
The latest culture war. Stand up for stray dogs and you are called woke. Stand up for children and you are called fascist. You can’t have a rational debate on anything now.
Agreed. I love stray dogs but there should always be a balance, infantilizing them and just 'letting them be' is not the solution.
So sad that the second comment is getting upvotes. Shows the mentality of law students on LI. The so-called cases of mauling are just 0.000001% of dogs. A much higher percentage of humans kill humans. So should all humans be exterminated then? Also, people should be aware of basic behaviour around dogs. Do not run and do not make suspicious movements when you see a dog. Just walk normally in a straight line and talk gently to the dog by looking them in the eye if they are approaching.

Another thing: people allege dogs bite students in law schools, but I am yet to see an actual victim. Just rumours.
"Do not wear xyz type of clothes. Do not make eye-contact with the man. Don't go to that street after 7 pm."

Sounds familiar?

Wth are you even saying, bro. Strays are unpredictable. No amount of policing and restricting human movement is going to eliminate your chances of getting mauled. Or kids getting mauled. Strays and humans cannot coexist. Period.
Humans are unpredictable too. For my safety, you should be locked up or culled.
I think LI should have a "prove that you are not a robot" kinda thing
Why is this marked trollish? It is correct. You never see these people call for golden retrievers or German shepherds or Dalmatians to be culled, as these are the preserve of the elite. The hatred for homeless dogs (I refuse to use the word "stray" as I consider it offensive) is borne out of a hatred for desi dog breeds that has its roots in notions of purity and caste. You see this discussed in Wendi Doniger's book about Hinduism, where she discusses the Yudhishtira and desi dog story. Yudhishtira refuses to condemn the desi dog like others and wants to bring it to heaven, for which he is ultimately rewarded because the desi dog proves to be Indra in disguise. Even in the Sai Baba of Shirdi story, Sai Baba disguises as a desi dog. Here is the story from Amar Chitra Katha: https://twitter.com/ACKComics/status/856754507593601025

Our religion shows that god can taken the form of a dog. Also, GOD spelt backwards is DOG. But look at you people. Shame!
It may be pertinent to refer to what the so-called father of the nation had to say on the subject of stray animals:

"My Ahimsa is my own. I am not able to accept in its entirety the doctrine of non-killing of animals. I have no feeling in me to save the life of those animals who devour or cause hurt to man. I consider it wrong to help in the increase of their progeny. Therefore, I will not feed ants, monkeys, or dogs. I will never sacrifice a man's life in order to save theirs.

Thinking along these lines I have come to the conclusion that to do away with monkeys where they have become a menace to the well-being of man is pardonable. Such killing becomes a duty. The question may arise as to why this rule should not also apply to human beings. It cannot because, however bad, they are as we are. Unlike the animal, God has given man the faculty of reason." Harijan, 5-5-'46, p. 123
Whoa... never knew Gandhi said that. Dude gonna be canceled bigtime now!