Read 25 comments as:
Filter By
There are a lot of threads on the compensations paid by tier-1/tier-2 law firms but what about in-house counsels? Which companies pay good salaries to the legal managers? ICICI. HDFC, ITC?
That’s a really broad question. There are thousands of companies. I work with a start up and earn 33L after 5 years of PQE.
According to the brochure shared by ICICI to our RCC,

-annual deferred allowance is 4L

-cost of loan 50k

-Performance linked bonus is 1L

-PE/Gratuity IS 61k

Finally, monthly gross is 9.9L which comes out to be 9L after taxes.
damn that's so good! Could you mention which start up or in which sector it operates?
Working at an early stage VC Fund with a PQE of slightly less than 7 years and earning slightly over 60L (all monthly - no discretionary performance related bonus nonsense) and have a carry of 0.2% over the USD 500M fund at exit.
How does one get into that role? I'm currently in an automobile company with 2.5 years PQE. The work is mostly contract management and compliance. Pay is decent 15% below T1 firms. I'm planning to switch.
Could you please share additional information on how to work with VC funds and what does the work usually entail?
Is it easy or common for lawyers working in T-1/T2 law firms to go in-house after 3-4 PQE?
Adani pays a pretty good entry salary but I guess its different depending on the law school. Some my friends from a private uni got 8 LPA while others I know from a different private uni from Gujarat got 14 LPA. Thats entry level, so pretty good compared to T1 firms.
Why don't they come to T-1/T-2 NLUs? 14LPA is around the Median salary of T-1 NLUs