Read 9 comments as:
Filter By
I'm currently pursuing 3 year llb from a decent college in Mumbai and did a undergraduate from a good college as well. My 12th graded were horrendous and I am fairly insecure to reveal them. Should I exclude those from cv or mention a inflated percent. Do firms ask for 12th marksheet or just graduation and llb marksheet works.

P.S- I really doubt they'll doubt my credibility seeing my 12 grades marks. Kindly help
Just CAM and no one else asks. Your college wouldn't necessarily be a "top college", so Id say you need to be in the top 5% ranks of your class. Except that nothing matters. (Assuming you don't have well connects, which might help you with internships)
There is an interview somewhere by an ex JGLS prof and current practitioner who says he got merely 50% in class 12 but ended up getting the Rhodes scholarship 😄

12th grades matter shit and so does most of what you learnt in school, like Pythagoras theorem, chemistry equations, Akbar and Aurangzeb etc
Don't inflate or exclude them. Include them but in some obscure place with a lower font size. Anyway, firms are more concerned about your LLB college and GPA than your Undergrad and even less for class 12th.
Feel free to exclude them from your CV altogether, no one cares really.

You can try to inflate the percentage because it's uncommon to seek the actual marksheet.

Unless you encounter the worst of recruiters, who relish making others feel inadequate, you will be fine.
Hi! Don't worry, I was in a similar situation myself. I got 65% in my 12th Boards as a commerce student with my optional subject being legal studies (53% in Legal Studies). I was just a little above-average as a student in college and got around 6.9 GPA out of 8.

I interned and got placed after 7 months of unpaid internship (online-covid), I did not exclude my 12th grade percentages from my CV and was never asked about them.
Oh wow I’ve never put my 12 grade marks on any CV. Maybe first year of law school but not since. Why would it be relevant ? Any employer who asks for that is being bizarre. I’m in academia and we attach plenty importance to grades but I’ve never been asked for board exam scores ever.
It's irrelevant, don't share it. And anyone who doesn't get that people go through bad phases and change isn't worth working for anyway.