Read 13 comments as:
Filter By
Now that we're getting closer to DayZ, and the new CRC for the '24 batch will be elected, it is important for us to cast our votes wisely. No one would ideally want to risk their job, like what happened with the 23 batch. As a senior, I'm sincerely requesting all of you to please try and bring diversity in the next CRC, apply in large numbers and the result will surely change. It's your job, you've worked hard throughout our law school life, and no one has a right to bring their petty politics and engage in favouritism. Choose Wisely.
Is this the new student notice board? Go and send a batch mail. Even better, go and study.
Absolutely agree with this. The fact that you guys have seen the fiasco created by these guys the last time, it's for you to decide and elect a responsible CRC. The present RPC'24, is more likely to do major blunders in DayZ considering that they've learnt from great great seniors. Bring diversity and throw out this power hungry group.
This conversation has started at the very right time. More to this, from what I heard, some guys from RPC'24 have already started to vouch for their friends to HRs of different firms. While I doubt that any firm would be so gullible to fall for these petty requests, but if it's really happening, it is a cause of grave concern. Let us make a difference this time, and apply in large numbers.
I appreciate the sentiment. But past experience shows that neither candidates nor voters think about the interests of the college. Rather, votes are decided on the basis of personal rivalries, batch, politics, woke culture wars, girlfriend-boyfriend equations etc. That's the sad truth.
What voters should look at:

1. Honesty

2. Dedication

3. Past track record

4. Communication skills and temperament to deal with recruiters

Unfortunately, what voters will look at:

1. Whether the person is my friend

2. Whether the person is my gf or my crush (for simps)

3. Woke vs anti-woke

4. Community and caste considerations (Hindi gang v South Indian gang v English-speaking, cosmopolitan gang)
Honest request: please do not vote for the far-left lobby, if any of them stand. They will needlessly bring in their woke agenda and hijack the recruitment process. For example, they may give more priority to NGOs than "capitalist" law firms and companies, or mandate everyone to write their pronouns in their CVs. I'm not kidding guys, they are really crazy, this bunch.
Dirty lobbying and slander campaigns have started already. We will never learn 😔