Read 16 comments as:
Filter By
By selling off or fixing your clients case?by fabricating evidence? By bribing the Judge or court clerk?...Yes,True. the Advocates are vultures.. they create misery and then make money off it
Nope.

Tech companies hired a lot many during covid.

But except Top 5 law firm almost most of firm didn't hire average fresher that they used to.

Infact, now law firms will hire more as teams are not able to fulfill the work load.
Trust me. If a recession is confirmed then 95% law grads will be out of work. It happened in 2008/9.
Very likely.

Economic growth is slowing and Indian economy is moving towards a recession, government spending likely to decrease in the short term to conserve cash for spending before 2024 elections.

This will lead to a vicious cycle of everyone slashing expenses, therefore with slowing revenue and profits, corporates will slash expenses on legal, law firms will face increased demands of reduction in fees and retaining clients will take precedence over retaining associates.

The only way partners will continue to make profits then is by firing associates. Hiring associates is easier than bringing new clients.
Make yourself useful and indispensible. You won't get fired. If you sit munching popcorn, then you had it coming
Isn't khaitan already firing / torturing associates to leave? Just 2 more months for freedom.
Kya mindless sawal hai yaar. Thoda dimag to lagao. No law firm will fire its 'inventory'. When did you last hear about layoffs in law firms?

Dont confuse replacement/ firing for under performance, with this topic.

I am talking about maybe top 20-30 firms, only. I have worked in top 6 only (by head count), since last 10 years.