Read 20 comments as:
Filter By
https://twitter.com/jai_a_dehadrai/status/1618497231912595456

Even pro-BJP people must accept that the repeated arrests of Saket Gokhale, in case after case, are unfair. You may hate him, but you must accept that the arrests are blatantly unconstitutional. However, we have an SC lawyer who is empanelled by the TMC government in Bengal (Saket is now in TMC) openly come out in support of these arrests. Dehadrai's critics are trolling Mahua Moitra (we all know the connection) but as lawyers we need to ask some deeper and disturbing questions:

- Is it ethical for SC lawyers to tweet like this? Especially in pending cases? Is there no code of conduct?

- Is being a RW social media influencer a fast-track to a lucrative law practice? If I tweet in favour of the BJP will I get lollipops like judgeships, lucrative cases, appearances on pro-BJP TV channels etc? The obvious example is J Sai Deepak. Sure, he speaks well but so do many 4th year students at NLUs who moot. His writing is also pretty shallow. Yet, his books gets huge publicity on TV channels and he is given a platform to argue with Shashi Tharoor. I mean...come on!

- Lastly, what have we become in India? There is ZERO ground to arrest Saket and we have SC lawyers supporting it???
Hereโ€™s the thing. Everyone has a right to an opinion. If you feel so strongly for Saket, why don't you file a PIL challenging the legality/ constitutionality of his arrests? Or, fund it? Ranting on LI and trolling a lawyer with not even 15 years to his credit is, frankly - giving that lawyer more visibility. Considering you've gone this far you might as well write a glowing recommendation for Jai on his google page!
You've unnecessarily convoluted the situation surrounding Gokhale, and have deliberately propped up this discussion to include Jai Dehadrai to elicit responses.

Saket is implicated in a motley of cases, and therefore rendering an opinion on any one of the cases is not unethical. Jai is solely commenting upon his own impression of Saket's character. You may or may not agree with his personal critique of Saket but to parallel the same as some sort of a legal argument hinting at criminal litigation in the name of Saket is pushing it too far.

While it is immature to assume political motives to lawyers through their cases or profiles, you have attempted to impute a pro-BJP bias to Dehadrai, but by your own submission you say that he is empanelled by the TMC. Even a cursory perusal of Dehadrai's litigation profile would tell you that he is mostly pursuing cases against the ED.
Defending an accused in an ED case is not the same as "pursuing cases against the ED," lol.

He has BJP links. Ask anyone who knows him.
So? The BJP is a legally constituted and democratically elected political party. Not a rouge organization with shady MoUs, with Communist China!
The comment I was replying to had said he does not have a BJP bias. I'm not saying BJP is an illegal body or anything. The two are separate points. Syllogisms.
That's rich - if only one could tweet the drafts that emanate from certain law offices for all to review and judge their worth (relative to the invoicing).
A 19-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 30-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 29-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 31-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 19-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 18-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 26-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.