Read 12 comments as:
Filter By
I am a recent graduate and have been working at a newly established law firm for about half a year in Mumbai. While the work itself and the people I work with are great, I feel like I am not getting enough monetary compensation for the work and hours I put in.

Given my good relationship with my partner, I feel guilty and hesitant asking him for a raise. However, I wish to speak to him about increasing my salary. How do I approach this situation appropriately and maintain my relationship with the partner without making it awkward?

Additionally should one ideally wait for a longer time before asking for a raise? Or are around 6 months good enough? Is there anything else I should keep in mind before having this conversation with my partner?

Any advice or tips regarding this would be really appreciated.
Unless you are grossly underpaid, I think should wait for a year before asking for a raise. At that time they should offer an increment along with bonus on their own and if they don't then you can bring it up on your own.
In this profession, Junior shouldn't ask for any pay for the first 10 years.
That sounds sensible: before a year, unless you're really exceptional, it is hard to ask for a pay-rise...
Could you define grossly paid? Is 23500 with 2k tds deduction grossly paid?? Please help me out
21k/month is grossly underpaid for Mumbai law firms. You should ask for a raise straight away, you have not much to lose.