Read 8 comments as:
Filter By
Graduated from oldest law school in India and working at oldest law firm of India. Less than an year in the profession. Simply unable to complete tasks on time and failing to maintain average quality and standards. Maybe I have some other problems that are beyond my control but I don't know.

What was your experience working at litigation firms joining straight out of law school?
Maybe it's not you but them also for not giving you enough guidance? You can't be expected to produce perfect work overnight and without guidance, and better attention to detail will come with experience and if you are not demotivated... Good luck!
Go easy on yourself....becoming good at your work is a journey, dont expect to get everything right from day 1...keep at it and you'll start seeing results.
Bro, no one who starts litigation is good.. they all suck... that's the nature of the profession.. a year is a blink of an eye.. trust the process... you will do well.
It is quite unreasonable and unrealistic on the part of firms to expect someone to produce 100% accurate work products right from the word go, especially if the person in question is a fresher. Even partners make mistakes in their work, I have seen partners and principal associates make spelling mistakes. The problem is most firms do not want to invest in training their associates with a long term retention strategy.
I can assure you that you weren't as good as you think when you were a fresher. Someone put up with your ass and taught you. Now you do your bit. Circle of life.