Read 7 comments as:
Filter By
I'm leaving RGNUL and Joining NLS and I'm currently in my second year and would be "wasting" 2 years.

I have an inclination towards Corporate law and was concerned whether this move will have any adverse effects on my future ambitions and in securing internships or even placements.

If yes, is there any way to make up for it??

Appreciate the Responses if any :)

Regards
Don't worry about it, the only adverse effect may be that your batchmates will make you conscious about it. Embrace what happened, and everyone will get used to it.

In my experience, no employer will care.
Karle Bhai worth it nahi hai Punjab me nashe krna. Bangalore jaake kar
Given the hilariously low placement record of RGNUL - 13 RGNUL students got placed in total this year, as per Livelaw - there is a good chance that you will lose out on almost nothing, because the talented people from your current RGNUL batch would likely still have to start from lower Tier firms and hope to join T1 firms as A0s [with their previous PQE being discounted by most firms] only by the time you graduate from NLSIU.

So, overall, you just minimalise that anxiety-ridden overworking period of ~2 years that your ambitious peers will go through, and replace it with two more years of law school.

Additionally, since by now you'll have a good idea of the do's and don'ts of law school-ing in addition to a much better grounding of the subjects taught in the initial years, there is a good chance that you'll be competing for the top batch ranks at NLSIU — which would open up opportunities for foreign placements as well as Ivy League LLMs. A legitimate shot at these right out of law school will simply not be available at RGNUL.

So, long story short, I'd say that these factors should easily outweigh any other concerns you may have.
With NLSIU having tripled its batch size in the last 3 years, the opportunities available there will reduce too proportionately.