Read 5 comments as:
Filter By
Greetings everyone,

Seems like I'll be joining NLUJ. While I'm given to understand academics and placements are decent, I had a question. As a bisexual male- what is the environment like there? Is it LGBT friendly, or socially conservative. I'd be glad if anyone could shed light on this.

Thanks in advance
If males and females are allotted separate hostels because of multiple reasons, LGBTQAI+ people should be given separate places to stay too.

If a female says she doesn’t feel comfortable in the presence of a random male near their room because of the risk of being sexualised/objectified etc., straight males could also take up the same argument when it comes to gay/bi people in their hostels. Even I would think twice before roaming shirtless on the hostel floor if there was a gay person in the vicinity. So that notion of a safe space would be moderately affected, if not completely shattered.

To answer your question, NLUJ (pronounced as β€œanal-ew J”) obviously doesn’t give separate hostels to LGBTQAI+ people. So it’s neither straight-friendly nor LGBTQAI+ friendly.
Well this is extremely weird, and sounds kinda homophobic lol. Why would you as a straight man be afraid of 'being shirtless around gay/ bi men'?
A 10-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.