Read 8 comments as:
Filter By
Hi. Now that I am in my third year, T1/T2 firms have began recruiting interns through our placement cell. I have a good GPA with moots, ADR competitions and publications. While I don't have an exceptional CV, a lot of people that end up getting selected evidently have a worse profile than I do. Now I am not bitter or anything, I just have no idea what I can improve to avoid getting passed over by these firms. Does anyone have any suggestions? What do firms look for in a good CV and what can I do to improve mine?

It is getting quite demoralizing because I don't have connections to get an internship at big firms.
Internships through placement coms are given for nothing less than stellar grades. "Good" not enough.
I understand that, but I know for a fact that some people who do end up getting selected have worse grades and extracurriculars than I do.
BUMP, I'll list some of queries:

1. I would appreciate it if someone could explain what an ideal CV should look like.

2. Do certificate courses make a difference considering they're in the same domain? If yes, what are some of the good ones? (I heard about a company law course for enthusiasts at 'Bettering Results', is it any good?)

3. Do blogs and articles help?

4. Is it advisable to volunteer for social causes for the sake of having it on your CV?

5. Should one expand LinkedIn connections?

6. Would you have a better or equal chance of securing an internships if you've got a good grasp and experience in the practice area rather than an all over star-studded CV.

Thank you OP for providing me a space to address them.