Read 44 comments as:
Filter By
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/etimes/trending/hit-and-run-cases-that-shook-india-in-the-last-decade/photostory/106515997.cms. In 2015, a prominent lawyer, Janhavi Gadkar, was involved in a fatal hit-and-run case in Mumbai. Driving under the influence of alcohol, she crashed her car into a taxi, leading to the death of two individuals. This case not only highlighted the dangers of drunk driving but also emphasized the need for stricter regulations to prevent such incidents.
A 16-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
dude she was a senior at TT&A and her hubby a PA at CAM, they can manage 2-3 crores and still manage to save.
Bhai behen. That entire family wouldn't earn a crore in generations. Who made you a lawyer? I hope you don't become a judge
A 10-word comment posted 5 months ago was not published.
A 17-word comment posted 5 months ago was not published.
There are rapes and murders from 2010 which haven't started trial as yet, ye toh kuch nahi hai bhai, go to courts once, only selective cases are taken up by ops
Putting her in jail can't bring those victims.

But she should pay few crore Rupees as compensation and what we call blood money.

Minimum she should pay IR 40 crore to the estate and inheritance of deceased and direct to those injured.
CASE HAPPENED IN 2015.

STILL Pending in 2023...

Why is jhanvi gadar still not in JAIL? Why is she still out chilling after killing?
A 170-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 81-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
make discord server, we are after you. i am sure she will give money or use connection to bail out because matter thande hote hi sab bach jate hai.
Matter is reserved for final arguments in 2021? What happened - did the court sleep till 2023? I am sure that Jhanvi Gadkar will get out even if a judgement come?

Also what's her new name? This is a public information and if she changed her name, it should have been published in a Newspaper.

Also How on earth was she able to get her driving license renewed? How is it even possible?
What does 'reserved for final arguments mean? I hope that poor family with the father dead is being taken care of. What a sham....change your name, work with an influential organisation and move on. Sorry - rant
Why wasnt my comment published ??

The matter was reserved for final arguments in 2021.

The Accused is out on bail, and her driving licence is also renewed.

India
The case was reserved for final arguments in 2021 at District and Sessions court, and there has been no verdict yet. She has her license back since 2017, now changed her name to [.......] and working at RIL. I guess RIL released a statement saying you shouldnt drink and drive.
Guys lets file a PIL, someone make a whatsapp group. If nobody cares about the poor, atleast some anonymous members of a troll site should begin the 2nd renaisance
I am very curious now -

did she change her name ? That would show up in an advt of some sort I thought,

did she go scot free ? that should be covered by some news

did the victim families get something for their loss - I hope they did.

Does she continue to drink and drive ? I pray that she doesnt

Nothing against the accused - I just think justice needs to be done else we are all a bunch of losers and money the winner.
What's Jhavani Gadkar's new name? And who's her new employer?

Can we file a PIL in Bombay High Court to revive the case against her. It's very unfortunate that a lawyer used her influence to get out of the justice system and abuse the poor cruelly.

โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ, Cruel Behavior etc should never be tolerated. Why is the prosecutors not enthusiastic to finish the trial.

Could we file an RTI to know the case status. It's buried, but it is still possible to review this..

What about the compensation for the poor family? Has it been paid or are they still suffering.

Which NGO's would be good at helping us?

If we don't do this, it would send a bad signal to the society - Especially rich people who would understand that crime doesn't put you in jail if you are rich. Also disrepute on the legal profession.
There seems to be no news coverage on this at all. So media has also forgotten and moved on? Did a modicum of justice get delivered ?
And what would you do if your family, friend or neighbour died in such accident ?
Because lawyers are hypocrites. We never question the bad apples among our community.

I am sure that by a few more years Janhavi Gadkar will change her name or get a gag order against even this thread on Legally India.
Please focus on your jobs and life. Hers is none of your concern. You can't blame judiciary. It is of the highest order! The same judiciary took the right decision that modi was not responsible for the Gujarat riots. Considering that was accepted whole heartedly, even janhavi not being responsible and getting her license back must be accepted! It wasn't intentional! It was a mistake. You'll need to focus on your lives and trust judiciary always!!
If she was some son of minister or some hotshot famous person and whole legal fraternity would've made her/his life hell.

But this person is left Scot free
Wow. Janhavi Gadkar is now working in Reliance Industries as In House Lawyer?

It's so sad to see Indian Justice system being like this. The only reason she escaped prison was because of (1) Wealth (2) power (3) Gender - women are given less punishments and less convictions.

Janhavi Gadkar's case had the highest amount of Evidence in any Drunk Driving Case in India - an innocent family was brutalized.

The worst part is not Janhavi not getting convicted. It's that recently she appealed before some Mumbai Court to get her driving license back so โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ and go Scott free.

The moment Janhavi gets her license back - Prosecutor dealing with her case should stop practicing law.

Also,

Why didn't Bar Council of Maharashtra and Goa or even Reliance Industries didn't take any action against her?

All of this puzzles me.
that's one decent seat wasted from any educational institution you studied.
I hope your relatives are always born with a silver spoon so that they never have to take rickshaw for even single day.
shame on you
From what I read she was driving drunk and speeding on the wrong side. Her actions got people killed. It wasnโ€™t even an accident where someone came in front of her car unexpectedly, it was a string of her bad decisions that caused it. Donโ€™t downplay that as just a mistake.
She is still working with Reliance but is not on their rolls.

But why don't you just let her live her life without your unnecessary judgment? If someone does something stupid once doesn't make them a terrible human being, which isn't to say she shouldn't be held accountable for her actions.

And what would you do if you were in this situation? Use the cheapest lawyer or request the court to condemn you to the longest possible sentence?

Maybe you've never been in a situation in life where if it were not for a little bit of luck or just the dumb roll of the dice, your life could have turned upside down - but I have and hence I can empathize with her.
Janhavi Gadkar?

Probably enjoying her life vacationing in Europe. The last update showed her taking a bail and requesting her passport for European and African Tours. Check Times of India.

She is rich. The chances of her going to jail is less than 1%
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/mumbai/mumbai-final-arguments-on-nov-27-for-charge-framing-in-gadkar-case/articleshow/87245596.cms

Janhavi Gadkar was a corporate lawyer at Talwar Thakkore & Associate and Reliance Industries.

After getting drunk. She rammed her Audi into a cab and killed/maimed an entire family.

She and her Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas ex Husband used the most expensive lawyers in Mumbai.

Last update was that - she was trying to get her license back after drunk driving and killing people ๐Ÿ˜ณ