Read 9 comments as:
Filter By
https://www.news18.com/news/india/stupid-ridiculous-kathak-dancers-angry-at-new-claim-by-air-india-pee-case-accused-6825151.html

> Shankar Mishra's lawyer claimed in court that it was the woman passenger who urinated on herself and that "most Kathak dancers have this problem". Trashing the claims, Kathak dancers say their training, in fact, gives them stronger cores
Counsels are expected to be level-headed while dealing with such issues and abide at least by the most basic of ethics. But in this case it is a combination of very bad lawyering and absolutely no sense of where arguing one's case ends and dog-fight begins. They've gotten themselves a bad PR loss with this line of argument.

Personally, I would have plead guilty and used a 'good character' plea to have the sentence reduced to a fine with the entire matter being resolved quickly and place negligence on part of the airline. Dragging every question of fact through trial will just do more damage to Mishra.
As a criminal defence attorney, the next time a client asks me to "adjust/reduce some fee", I'm going to show them this. This is what happens when you don't pay enough for competent lawyers. Loool.
It's not fault of advocate either, client want a verdict of no guilty in a lost case and being adamant. Who would milk this cash cow?.

I would make such arguments 3 times over.

Lads, don't sit on your sophisticated quasi-slave offices and give 2 cents on this. Trust me you'd done the same or something similar laughable.

Ghar p 3 mahine ka sara raashan nikala hoga bhai ne sirf is client se
Bold of you to assume I'm in any "quasi slave office". I have my own practice, thank you very much, but I'd still never make such an absurd argument that makes the bench (and possibly the colleagues at bar watching me) judge me badly.

You're saying the client wants a verdict of not guilty - any decent lawyer would advice the client to at least wait for a chargesheet to be filed lol. What verdict without even a chargesheet buddy? Lads, don't attempt to be experts on criminal law when you don't even know how CrPC works.
You must be a kid who doesn't know what all was said in the Jessica lal murder case by ram jethmalani. This is urination that was murder.
This reminds me of the time some lawyer said Sushant Singh Rajput couldn't have done drugs because he goes to the gym.