Read 14 comments as:
Filter By
CLAT this time has decided to make us fill out our NLUs preferences before we even attempt the examination and this has left me conflicted between rgnul and mnlu mumbai. As we cannot degrade our preferences once filled, i just need to if it is recommended to put mnlu mumbai over rgnul?
If you plan to bunk classes and do internships during the semester, then yes. Otherwise RGNUL has got a better VC now and more established alumni base.
Please show one objective fact justifying your answer. MNLU has done exactly nothing to prove its worth yet.
Dude, the simple fact that MNLU receives so much of hate on LI is enough to prove its stance. Check in terms of placement, professors. Because of being in Mumbai, many young and smart professors have joined MNLU. Plus Mumbai is a very very big factor
MNLU Mumbai does not have any extraordinary placement yet. Being young, it won't even have a sizable alumni base in key positions for several years still. All the faculty you speak of are unproven yet and haven't really distinguished themselves in any way whatsoever. In addition, attracting quality people to Mumbai on public university salary isn't practical.
MNLU any day, because Mumbai is the HQ of corp law. In future, MNLU will join NLSIU and NLUD as the top 3 and you will regret it.
By that logic, GLC should already have been there. Or NMIMS. Location alone doesn't cut it.
bro mnlu person here please dont choose this place, the admin is horrible, all the good professors are leaving, the academics are fucked up. JUST NO!
An insider here;

MNLU Mumbai is not ideal. Do not compare it with the best. My case for MNLU is not in its faculty but in the access it provides and its student pool. A great majority of unreserved seats at MNLU are filled by students whose CLAT Rank enables them admission in any other Tier-2 NLU. Many of them are from Mumbai.

Most, if not all, seniors have been placed at Tier-1 firms. Some have gone to do their masters at Cambridge, Oxford and Harvard. One has also secured a Traineeship Contract
I can guarantee that the faculty at RGNUL/HNLU or RML is no better than at MNLU, and guest lectures at MNLU always have the best to offer.

Ask yourself- Would you rather spend 5 years learning the law in a remote part of the country that no one outside has heard of, or at India's financial capital with access to every noteworthy law firm and the Bombay High Court?
And if your answer is the latter, then join GLC Mumbai for a fraction of the cost.
How can you guarantee the first one exactly? Do you know all or even some of the faculty teaching in all these three universities, or have attended their classes? Stop passing off random and unsubstantiated opinions as facts.