Read 13 comments as:
Filter By
Hey LI folks,

This time CLAT has requested to fill out preference list before the examinations and it left me in a bit of dismay. I would really appreciate if you could share insights regarding what should be the correct order of preference for this year.

My take on the what the order should be:

NLSIU, Bangalore

*NLU, Delhi (If you crack AILET)

NALSAR, Hyderabad

WBNUJS, Kolkata

GNLU, Gandhinagar

NLUJ, Jodhpur

NLIU, Bhopal (Bsc. LLB) [Cyber security]

HNLU, Raipur

The only conundrum is the placement of GNLU and NLUJ in the list, I personally feel that the only advantage that NLUJ has over GNLU is the no domicile policy.

GNLU seems like a safer option to be honest. For someone who would like to try out different arenas of the field, it gives much better resources as compared to NLUJ, for instance: Their entrepreneurship initiatives and Litigation funds for graduates.

Considering that my location doesn't favour either of the NLU (GNLU being a bit farther though), If it would've been upto you then what would you have chosen?
GNLU mainly because the academic rigour is much less compared to NLUJ. This will allow me to explore my own things. On a placement centric point of view I would have chosen NLUJ because of its much smaller batch size.
NLUJ has a smaller batch, no domicile, single rooms from first years.

But it also has a rigorous Academic schedule, which will leave you with no time to do other things.

If you get NLUJ don't pick BA LLB under any circumstances take BBA LLB.
Hey there,

From what I gather from the above comments is that if I'm able to cope up with a rigorous curriculum and aim for a corporate job then I'm better off opting for NLUJ. But If I want it a little laid back and explore more on the different streams then GNLU would be a better choice. (Disclaimer: I'm aware that both the institutions would have the requisite facilities for each domain and upto a certain extent both would be rigorous enough, but to make a preference list one has to nitpick unnecessarily to avoid the future regret, so please bear with me :)

If someone from either of the institutes could share their anecdotes it would be very much appreciated and help a ton in devising an appropriate preference list. I wouldn't have put much emphasis on this dilemma but considering my mock scores and rankings, there is a good possibility of me getting in that bracket. So your insights would definitely influence what I would opt for.

All the indecisiveness aside I would be content with either of the institutes but it wouldn't hurt to be sure of it.

Thank you! 😇
Mock scores, lol. Oh, my sweet innocent child. You know nothing about what awaits you.
I studied at nluj and it wasn’t rigorous at all. It was very laid back and we had alcohol available freely unlike gnlu.
Such lovely reasons to choose an institution where one goes to learn and qualify to earn a living.
Go for NLUJ with your eyes closed, you'll be at a much better place. I remember being in a similar position for NLIU vs NLUJ, never regretted.
You can put NLIU (Bhopal) above GNLU, it's a definitely an institute to be in!!!🔥
Go for this list, buddy. I am looking at the future and long term here, instead of living in the past.

1. NLSIU

2. NLUD

3. NALSAR

4. GNLU

5. JGLS

6. NLUJ

7. NUJS

8.MNLU

9. NLIU

10. RGNUL
Bwahaha! Keep smoking whatever you are smoking. You provide good entertainment.
No long term plan or even rational thinking explains most of this list other than perhaps the top 3. And even there 2 and 3 are easily interchangeable. NUJS is still miles ahead of NLUJ and GNLU in all kinds of graduate outcome, regardless of all the negative press over the last six years.