Read 39 comments as:
Filter By
Both NLS and NLUD have been known to have occurrences of sexual violence, moral policing etc. in the past. Especially NLUD is not at all a place with a conducive environment for openly LGBTQ people.
Sure, NLUD is not LGBTQIA+ friendly. Sure.

Please talk to the QC in NLUD and ask them. It is an extremely open, liberal university. Don't speak out based on random twitter rants of year 1 law students.
Maybe you should ask those first year kids to speak to the QC then, instead of dismissing their concerns so flippantly. In fact, similar accounts exist from senior students too, including serious grievances covered by LI itself in the past.
"dismissing their concerns so flippantly", when you do not know about something, then it is better to not take extreme stances. It is clear that you aren't aware of the culture of NLUD. We have a (fairly) strong student body. In fact, just yesterday, a student was called out for an incident that involved harassment. Even if we observe a minor, small act of exclusion, we are quick to call it out and ensure it is not repeated. When there is an incident, there ARE mechanisms to bring it to light. Coming to my point about first years, it takes time for them to get sensitized to college culture, it's a process, and here this process is encouraged and nurtured.
yes barely sticking a paper "transgender" over the "men" is very commendable, no college could've thought of this brilliant idea?
Now again, whoever this is, clearly has no idea where and what's happening in NLUD. The 'paper' is a thing of past now, there is proper signage now. Don't let your hate direct your responses, check your facts before you speak. To buttress my arguments further, I have heard that the university is currently framing campus-wide gender inclusivity rules on similar lines as NLS, and some other universities.
Question mentions LGBT friendly, not highest number of LGBT people on which campus.
Jindal and NLS have openly LGBT faculty on campus. It is a makes you feel safer when you are a student and also makes you feel like your not a weirdo and LGBT people can do well in this profession.
Maybe if you read more, you would have realised that that's precisely what the demands are all about. Treating the LGBTQ as ordinary individuals with equal rights. You're coming off increasingly as a troll in your comments across posts.
How many LGBT students appear for CLAT. Only 3 batches have Passed out of MNLU Nagpur. Change will follow slowly. Also, the campus is currently under construction. Once the construction work completes, things may change.
Did my tone in the answer sound like I was insecure?

If it did, nevermind. To answer your question, no LGBT person currently resides at the campus.
NUJS.

Have had an excellent time here as a first year student, who is a part of the LGBT community. The seniors are incredible and make sure you feel comfortable in this new place.